What's the Deal with Ryder Buying Cardinal Logistics?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TTL2023, Feb 7, 2024.

1. TTL2023

TTL2023 Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2024
    The recent Ryder acquisition of Cardinal Logistics seemed to come out of nowhere. For those who aren't familiar, what impact could this have on the transportation industry? Good, bad or neutral?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Neutral? Just another big company buying a smaller one. Swift, knight, aaa Cooper etc etc

I knew the morning it happen, I still have friends over at cardinal and they called me asking about ryder. I haven't worked for ryder but what I'm hearing, they are not a good place to work for. Lot of driver at cardinal made good money, over 100k a year. Pretty sure ryder is gna change that so they more profit

Suspect Zero and runningman0661 Thank this.
  4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Companies acquire other companies in this industry all the time, it gets more intense during a bad economy. If you listen to the MSM and our illustrious President things are great. But when you go to Wendy’s and get a triple stack burger, and a baked potato and your bill is $19.34 things aren’t fine. Inflation is running rampant, the cost of day today living is getting ridiculous.

As a small business owner I’m getting squeezed at every turn. Fleets survive on a thin profit margins, if someone comes end offers to pay you millions for your company, companies like Cardinal decide to take the money and cash out.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.