Whats the most dangerous material you've been loaded with ?

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by broke down plumber, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Sulfuric acid always made me uneasy, ammonium nitrate in a bulk tanker, an uneven flatbed load of trim board, tarped. What really made me nervous was loading pavement dressing conditioner at 375 degrees, then added 500 gallons of xylene as a solvent. Placarded 3256 class 3 flammable HOT

austinmike, bzinger, Feedman and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Local cartage companies that never check of fix anything.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    My wife, her mother, and her five sisters. San Francisco to Portland Oregon and back for a funeral. Never again.

25(2)+2, LoneRanger, LTL Bull and 21 others Thank this.
  5. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
    46000 lbs. of 4.2 Spontaneously Combustible Totes

6. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    This guy not actually alive , is a vengeful spirit . Haaaa

austinmike Thanks this.
  7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    A prison bus full of serial killers.

8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    From the other side of the desk I've seen a few nasty items.

Chemical Leaman days @ DuPont fuming acids; Sulfur TriOxide, Oleum 65, Chlorosulfonic Acid.

We had one SO3 trailer rolled over by Newark airport on the turnpike, wind blowing toward Manhatten and drainage toward the airport, EPA estimated 40,000# would make a cloud 10 miles long and 4 miles wide and we shut the turnpike down for over 8 hours and didn't spill a drop.

Also Dimethyl Sulfate one that you couldn't smell, looked like water, was skin absorbable and the fumes turned to oleum in the moisture of your lungs.

Delivering driver wore a space helment connected to bottles of breathing air attached to the trailer.

That one got a lot of forced layovers as we couldn't unload in ANY form of participation like snow flurries, etc. because it would hide any leaks.

Had a driver from another Matlack terminal come in with a small vapor exposure to Isocyanate [a cousin of the material tha killed all those people in Bopal, India] and I was directed to take him to Robert Wood Johnson hospital.

The shipper called ahead and failed to mention that there wasn't any physical exposure/contamination.

We strolled into the ER from the Hospital Lobby only to see Middlesex County Haz Mat setting up a portable De-con unit at the ambuance entrance to the ER...like we would be stupid enough to drive a contaminated guy in our personal car.....

Toxic isocyanate is used to make the foam in your truck seats.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  9. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    People just dont realize whats going down the road and some do dumb sh t like brake checking . My father worked for Monsanto/ Solutia , down river Detroit close to Edison . He said there was a tank of nasty stuff there that if tank ruptured it more than likely kill half the population of Detroit and if wind was right it'd be far far worse . Stay safe Haz Mat dudes .

austinmike and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    This it what it looked like when that tanker of ammonium nitrate exploded near Camden Arkansas.
    upload_2024-1-30_17-7-7.jpeg

upload_2024-1-30_17-7-36.jpeg

LTL Bull, bzinger, Feedman and 7 others Thank this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Liquid asphalt that was loaded at a temperature of 500F….

you could feel the heat coming off the hose while unloading

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.