What's the worst thing that physically happened to you while driving?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by fargonaz, May 25, 2017.

1. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Gallbladder attack on a two lane with no where to pull over. Yes from stones

Pain level:
    Had a nurse tell me she had a mma fighter in for the same thing that said" I'd rather get hit in the face ten times by Mike Tyson"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Hit a hoot owl about 2 am one morning just South of West plains Missouri. It came thru the right windshield. I got composed and continued on. Just past Koshkonong it came back to life and I'm not sure who wanted out of the cab worse me or him. I finally got shut down enough I pulled the knobs and let him have it. When I got to the sale barn Paul and J.P insisted I go to ER. They called the police thinking I been in a knife fight. The trooper went and looked at my truck cause he didn't believe me. Blood feathers and owl #### persuaded him.

4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Eeew,.. yes this too. Gall Stones and Kidney Stones.

Had my gallbladder removed years ago. Felt like I had a really bad belly ache. I tried to force myself to vomit. Nothing came up. After surgery doctor said not only did I have stones,.. but gallbladder was infected. Another week or so and I could have died.

Kidney stones are the worst,.. had them 3 times. Fortunately all during my 15 yr hiatus from trucking. And I had a female doctor tell me this. I made the comment to her that they say its the closest a man can come to giving birth. My wife argued that she would trade me any time. The doctor said she had 3 kids,.. and naturally and she had kidney stones once and would rather have 10 more children than to ever have another kidney stone.

I'm pretty good with pain management,.. but kidney stones brought me to my knees.

Hurst

Mr Ed, Grubby, Shock Therapy and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I learned to not spit Copenhagen in an empty Dr Pepper bottle while also drinking a Dr Pepper at night...

Other than that just the usual drop a cigarette, bee down the shirt kind of thing.

Once around midnight, on my 4th turn an burn from Baton Rouge to the Alamo I got the "this isn't working anymore, I left all your stuff at your moms house" phone call.....
    In hindsight, the bee was worse.

6. driverdriver

May 30, 2011
    Gallstones are as intence as kidney as I'm told. I was lucky that attack only lasted about 5 min.
    The one I had the day I wound up in surgery was 30min and yes it WILL bring you to knees and you WILL wish you were dead. lol
    They can last over hour.

Shock Therapy and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Something worse, Kidney stones that just decided to get lodged in the duct while you are bouncing around. The gallbadder wasn't no where near as painful as those kidney stones.

8. driverdriver

May 30, 2011
    You must of had a mild attack, I had a couple of those Pryor to a major one, you were lucky on that one. But yes there's nothing like a stone getting caught in a duct.lol

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  9. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Now that's the way I'd preferred to hit it.

KillingTime and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Losing oxygen in the blood as measured by pulse oximeter. Wait until either arriving at safe haven in Denver or accept the progressing loss of o2 in the body towards your heart which will stop when it too starves. This was back in the days of smoking up in the Rocky Mountains where 10-12000 feet becomes a problem for me. Smoking was quit cold turkey and we changed the territory to not run the rockies so much anymore. That solved most of the issues for the time being. However doctors years and over a decade later diagnosed certain problems in my system that will kill me before too long. It's all good. Until next time. Adios!

Shock Therapy and fargonaz Thank this.
  11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Gallstone was bad. But on a level of 1 - 10. Gall stone was about a 8 or 9. Kidney Stone was a solid 11.

I went through the windshield of a car during an accident (I was not driving,.. not belted in either). I broke my pelvis, 3 ribs, collar bone and a fractured cheek bone. Not to mention the stitches and other assorted cuts. I would rather do that accident and spend the time laid up in the hospital again than to ever have another kidney stone. Thats how bad mine were.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.