Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Their driving habits (T/T wise) seem abhorrent. Even scares me, and I don't scare easily. Do you know, you CAN order food from abroad, via Amazon, these days?

lovesthedrive and Rocks Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Nothing special... tomatoes, bananas, onions (if you like them), salt, pepper, oil, whatever herbs you like for seasoning... mix them all and boil them in a pot till it becomes a paste.... then use it as if it were a tomato sauce... I used to put some green bell pepper as well....

10speeds and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Order food from abroad....? But I guess not fresh veggies.... Well... will have to leave that for another time...
    I just realized that I should be in bed one hr ago... Will catch up with y'all another time...
    Have a good evening... :wave:

lovesthedrive, dwells40 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Sorry I faded away.. ate dinner with the family and debated on the bike.. Yeah, it's here. Was going to let her drive it AFTER schooling but apparently I get a discount if she BYOB's. (Brings her own bike.) So now, was it really 3K and it's 1.5k with bike??? or is it 750 ? I don't know. I'm in over my head, apparently. YES the bike is here.. pix in my driveway. I was going to WAIT until she passed the class. So.. after I drive all night, I drive a 2 wheeler up to her schooling place.. I'll take a break at home around 5 or 6 am..and ride 'er up .. and let daughter have the car, too. I'll bring the T/T home or figure out something. KIDS. SHEESH.

Rocks, lovesthedrive and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    We get them from the Amish in Ohio, but I KNOW Kroger and Publix have them, as well. Want me to FedEx you some?

Rocks Thanks this.
  7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Just FYI, a little bit past the Pilot on the left, the Chinese buffet restaurant has truck parking.

Rocks, chopper103in and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I went to see if DC Air would be putting me in a truck. Alas the co-owner that does the hiring has been out sick with bronchitis and pnuemonia.
    So I get to check back in a week. The gal that took my application 2 weeks ago seemed enthused about my employment.

Good things come to those whom wait.......

9. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Stoked for you. Hope it goes well!

10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Delivered in Compton. I’ve got a bunch of time to kill before my next load tonight. Heading for the Petro in beautiful <sarcasm> Ontario, California. It’s close to my pick up and I want to see how scummy it’s gotten during the day. It will also give my trainee time to practice backing without the lot being totally full.

chopper103in and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  11. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Your trainee has it easy. The first load I did with CR England I was doing on ice. The trainer got so frustrated with me, he made me get out and watch while Ron McMullen also went skating on the ice.

Rocks and otterinthewater Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.