Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I wonder if he was watching his tandems and not all that overhang...Tail swing will get ya on tight corners also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    OMG. What a cutie. I bet he’s a great nap buddy.

4. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I was 1/2 watching him pull out. I will say I was surprised when I heard it. Nice rig and trailer. I think he just wasn’t paying attention. He did the double hand on the head dealio of a person who eff’d up. The tail swing on the blind side absolutely got him.

EDIT: Which reminds me. I pulled out of my space so frickin’ slowly to make sure I didn’t make it a 2fer. LOL

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yes, Ms Rocks, that is using the phrase correctly.

People also say "back to the salt mines".

I'm kinda ready, but I have to be back Thursday to TCB. So I won't be out long.

For going back out to work, my wife and I say, "Coffee break's over, back on your head!", which is the punchline to an oooooold joke.

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    A man dies and goes to hell. Satan greets him, shows him three doors, and says, "You must spend the rest of eternity in one of the rooms behind these doors. Look in each one and decide which one you want."

The man opens the first door, and sees a bunch of people standing on their heads on a wooden floor, looking very uncomfortable. He opens the second door, and sees a bunch of people standing on their heads on a concrete floor, looking even more uncomfortable. Finally, he opens the third door, and sees a bunch of people standing around chatting and drinking coffee, up to their knees in excrement.

"Hmmm," he says, "that looks bad, but it's better than the other two. I'll take the third door." Satan smiles and shows him in.

Ten minutes later Satan walks back into the room and says, "Alright, coffee break's over, everyone back on your heads!"

-------------------------
    Some how even if it meant standing in it, I would pick door #1. Wood tends to have a nice odor and I could take comfort in that

chopper103in, tramm01, Feedman and 2 others Thank this.
  7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    @lovesthedrive : yep, that's the joke. Props for having the patience to type it out!

I swear, I couldn't have been much older than eight years old the first time I heard it, from one of the older kids in the neighborhood.

Today's delivery is in the books. I'm at White's in Raphine, fed and watered and fixin' to hit the rack.

Just a couple observations:

I've been watching this Western Express driver cleaning his chrome. He's got the LONGEST lug nut caps I've ever seen, gotta be 3.5 or 4 inches long. Some SERIOUS "Ben-Hur"-style $#!^.
    I have dreams of retractable razor blades that come out of the steer tire hub at the press of a button, and just putting on a bit of right rudder, and grinding the four wheeler's tire right off the rim.

Also, this WE driver pulled around that first turn to the left past the scales, then STOPPED THERE to clean his chrome. He is WELL outside of "create-a-space" territory.

Also, the Salted Caramel Moon Pie sounds like a good idea on paper, but falls flat on execution. It tastes more of cheap, crappy maple syrup than caramel. Neither flavor is specifically listed on the ingredients.

We now pause our broadcast so that our affiliate stations may identify themselves........

8. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I was polishing my rims at the Petro in Ontario yesterday. Can someone explain to me why people got so angry at me polishing my rims? Is it my fault the only good space was at the fuel island. I told one guy he should’ve got there earlier if he wanted to get fuel.

:D

9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Something new your showing your trainees?

10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Better trip planning on their part would have prevented all this...

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    AHHH..... Yeah... I remember that show... and Christina Applegate... but never seen that episode.... :biggrin_25512: But maybe even if I had seen it, I would probably not remember... :biggrin_25512::biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.