Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I can relate.....

About the only thing I can find exciting is picking on @Zoltan1a.

Rocks and Feedman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I know. It’s going to be fun. I seriously can’t wait. It would’ve been more fun if he was on my truck. Hahahahaha

4. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes!!! Those extra few digits are a killer and Phoenix has humidity and Vegas usually has none

5. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Can't find a good "knee slapping, point and laugh" emoji for this.

Feedman and otterinthewater Thank this.
  6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Maybe time for a Long Break.

Feedman Thanks this.
  7. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Time for new hobbies or goals

Rocks, Feedman and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Oh my.... :biggrin_2554: And I thought folks would find me a drag... Glad I am not the only one here to feel this way... :biggrin_1square10:

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  9. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    ####ing rookies.

Hey @Zoltan1a you finally should have some actual truck stuff to post...so post it up.

@Blu_Ogre

lovesthedrive and Rocks Thank this.
  10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    You can read my mind.... :yes2557:
    I would like to take some looooonng time off.... with no determined returning time.... but being a company driver that's complicated... My company might allow maximum 2 weeks... but I would have to give them a good excuse.... and right now I just don't know what to do... really... :biggrin_25513:
    I have thought soooo many times about buying a truck (tractor only) and leasing a trailer with some company so that I could have some "freedom".... I feel like a prisoner right now.... I remember Mr. @Blu_Ogre profound words here referring to one of my comments.... Yes... so many times I feel like a prisoner... and have to put up with company's decisions with regard to how to use my hrs and what kind of equipment I will drive... like the automatic truck that is coming soon... with lots of noises that will drive me CRAZY.... :angry5:
    But being a company driver, I don't have to worry about repairs, expenses... I don't have to find loads, deal with brokers, paperwork, invoices, etc, etc, etc...
    I have time to do my cooking in the truck, keep it clean and well organized, do my trip planning (that takes quite some of my time) and other things... if I had more business stuff to do, I am afraid would not be able to handle everything... So... not sure what to do right now... other than staying where I am...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Feedman Thanks this.
  11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    That's right too.... :biggrin_25519: new goals for sure.... not sure what though... that's a work in progress...
    The new automatic truck with lots of noises in the cab is coming soon... not sure how I will live with that... :biggrin_2552: and that will "help" me to make plans for the near future....
    Thinking about going to Brasil sometime between Dec and Jan... my dad will be 90 years old in Feb.... we haven't seen each other since 2015... I am his only "child" and he is all the family I have in the world....
    And not sure how long I may spend down there... gotta do other things as well... sell an old house that's literally falling apart.... and many other things... which may take more than 3 months....

Feedman and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.