Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Parked at the same rest area in tn I was at a couple weeks ago. Deliver 30mins up the road in the morning.

Rocks and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Which J is that, hope you steer clear of the Dallas J, that place is way beyond being a dump, even worse if you have to park in the back lot.

What kind of product do you mainly haul, seems like you get to go to some rural shippers and recievers.

Rocks Thanks this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Nooo.... not Dallas... :biggrin_25523: I avoid those ones....
    This one is safe.. near Abilene... yesterday I dropped the trailer (with king pin lock) and rushed to nearby Walmart for my so needed groceries of the week.... :biggrin_25519:
    We go to all kinds of places.... ports, plants, farms, rural areas, residential areas, industrial areas, office building areas, downtown areas... no NYC though...:biggrin_25512: :biggrin_25523: We go to schools, food banks, churches, hospitals, football fields, you name it... Don't want to disclose name of my company but the kind of loads we haul (all types of freight), mixed of "poor" shipper and receivers' loads, many different brokers and also donation loads to families in need... takes us to anywhere and everywhere... in particularly places where trucks are not supposed to go... :biggrin_25523: Sometimes, during the events that my company participates in, we have to use truck restricted routes... but on those, we get authorization from the city or whatever authorities to go there...

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I gotcha, I was not looking for or expecting companies or any specifics. I should have mentioned that.
    I was just going by your pictures, you go to a lot of types of places I like. I am not a big city industrial shipper type of guy.

I should start taking pictures again and learn how to put them on here.
    I made a quick round and just got back in a few hours ago. I didn't see much of interest, 1 wolf, 1 mama fox with 2 younguns, I have seen them before when there were three and they were tiny, andone moose standing in a pond.. Wildlife was kind of light this trip.
    I did see lots of MUD, it rained most of the way and was even snowing on top of atigun.

Intothesunset and Rocks Thank this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I was going to post something about posting pictures but just realized it's really late and I gotta rush to bed... Will do it another time... y'all stay safe out there.. and have a great evening and day tomorrow! :wave:
    :biggrin_25518:

dwells40 Thanks this.
  7. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Goodlettsville tn. That hospital delivery went about like I thought it would. Took nearly two hours to get backed in. Had a van parked right where I needed to put the trailer wheels to get in, and nobody knew who it belonged to.

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have one week to make the big decision and I am still torn. My options are stay in teaching, drive the taxi, or keep on going with trucking. I no longer see myself as a teacher and I have nightmares that keep me up all night, but it’s the safest option financially. Maybe I just need a few years away from working with children it has been 20 years. My next option is drive a cab around town and I can reasonably make $800-$1000 a week. Lastly I can finish up what I started and stick with the truck. I am finally getting treatment on my knee and the last injection would be on August 5th. The gel should hold up 6 months to a year. I don’t know if Knight will find me a trainer anytime soon. First time it took about 3 weeks. I can Swing over to Western Express and I think I would be with a trainer much quicker. I change my mind daily when I think of the consequences of failing. The thought of failing has a crippling effect. It motivated me when I was younger but now it’s damaging my insides. I know I would be happy driving a truck but I would miss my family. I know even after 3 months some local jobs pop up and the options increase with each passing month. The taxi is just a way out of our teaching and I would be home ever night. I think I should probably decide by next Monday or I won’t be able to decide at all. Any input would help. @Rocks has already given me a few tips, thanks

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Rocks Thanks this.
  9. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Decisions, decisions, but the decision is yours to make, if I made it for you, you might sue me for a bad choice. lol
    Is your knee going to have to have the same treatments every 6 months? That might make any long term employment goals hard to make in a truck.
    Many local trucking jobs, also involves delivering and a workout, that would be tougher on your knee.
    There is quite a bit of dump truck type work in the vegas area, it seems like many guys on here dis them jobs, ar at least dismiss them, but many times it is better money than otr. Unless a guy got in a dump with an auto, it would be harder on the knee too though.

Rocks and Zoltan1a Thank this.
  10. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I can continue to get it now that I have been approved. Doc said people get these injections often for many years and they have no more pain.

11. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    My $.02

A lot of people get into the truck because they have limited options. They treat the job like a drowning man who will do anything to survive. That’s how we end up with the megas. You are not a drowning man. You have options.

If you look at it solely from a stability and financial decision you should stay with teaching. I know you. You will miss your family.

A new career requires the focus of someone with a new hobby. They can’t stop thinking about it. They want to know everything. They can’t sleep because it fills their dreams. Is this you? Answer that. And you’ll have your answer.

Yes teaching has become a pain trigger for you. A man does what he has to support his family.

Maybe there’s middle ground. Drive truck in the summer...I don’t know if that’s possible.

I’ll call you tomorrow. Just too busy today with just getting home. @Zoltan1a

Rocks, Feedman and Zoltan1a Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.