Where are you

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Cruz31307, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruckerSue

TruckerSue Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    MISSOURI
    Livonia, MI at shipper/receiver. Unloaded here this morning at 1am and have to sit here til 11pm tonight to reload, then off to Ohio for 845 am delivery and to Georgia for
    next day so I can play out there with Roadcheck 2013

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    The first one, he got as far as almost the middle of my trailer as he was coming much slower than I was... and I was 55 mph... Every body else was 65 and over... I would have to reduce to 35 mph and hope he would be able to cut in front of me so he would not hit the barrel... But when I realized that he wasn't getting behind me and his lane was going to end soon, I played my horn to wake him up!
    Now, the second one, it happened too quickly... I wasn't speeding... I was fixing to take the exit as it was maybe 1/4 of a mile...The guy came from behind me, sped up, and passed me on the shoulder... between the truck and the concrete wall...:biggrin_2554: He didn't take the exit, he cut in front of me and kept going on the hwy. I did slow down some but still, I played my horn for the whole time...

What I don't like is when sometimes I do slow down for them to pass me and they slow down too... :biggrin_25510:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    NDBADLANDS Thanks this.
  4. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I am under MY tree outside SDV. My take home stuff actually weighed 17xx. But I put 2k on the ticket and my empty post.

After that nearly 8k from another shipper to AIr France. Then two minimum payers to a couple of places.
    Right now have another min pay going maybe 100yds, a 6204 load maybe 2 miles & another min to KLM.

Rocks Thanks this.
  5. NDBADLANDS

NDBADLANDS Medium Load Member

May 8, 2010
    ND
    It makes a person just shake their head...I wish there was a way for these idiots to only harm themselves and suffer the consequences of their selfish, idiot decision making, but unfortunately they harm whoever is unfortunate to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I back off and if I can get them away from my truck as soon as possible and say a quiet prayer for everyone just trying to get from A to B ahead of me. It's not the best solution but seriously what else can you do! I can only control my actions not theirs. (wish I could control their actions, I would show no mercy towards them)

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    Awhile back i ruffled a few feathers on the forum by giving my opinion without have enough experience points, so as of lately i've just been sticking to my companies thread, and about two other threads.

That's pretty much all i deal with everyday. When i first started driving and I could actually out run some people, I would try my best to help people, (cars and trucks alike) but then I became a company driver and now the only thing I can out run is Prime, Schnider, and Swift. And being stuck at a speed where 80% of other truck traffic, and most silly motorist drive at makes it pretty hard to help people, so I pick and choose. I pretty much never help cars any more, simply because it'll be easier for them to accelerate past/ fall behind me (like they're supposed to) verses me trying to make a hole for them to fit in.. I can't speed up, and if i try to slow down it's going to take more time then they may have, and I'm also going to end up hindering traffic flow in that lane. So I just stay on it.. Either they'll gun it or fall back. Most seem to ride right there believing that i have to move over for them, and end up running down the shoulder.

And the funny thing, is that the two accidents i've had from people trying to cut in front of me, both happened under 30mph. The trend seems to be, the faster I'm going, the better people around me drive.

Rocks Thanks this.
  7. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    You cannot out-think these bozo morons! They drive 4 wheelers and 18 wheelers too. Just keep your heads up on a swivel and pray to your Guardian Angel.:yes2557:

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    TA in Greencastle PA...

They're playing a new game... "Where's Rocks??"

Only cuz we feel sorry fer ya! :biggrin_2559:

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  9. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Have been at this rest area in VA since yesterday afternoon. At mid nite will have gained my 70 hrs. Got another load assignment. A preloaded trailer at a WM DC about 2 hrs south of here. Called and told them will be there in the morning. Then, going to DE again. Was there on Memorial day weekend and spent 3 days at a strip mall parking lot...

10. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Those Can Haulers are predictable in their un-predictableness!
    Los Angeles traffic has never really bothered me, I quite like LA. I have made 4 runs accross Montreal today. First was to deliver at 3 am this morning. Then got out of there at 6am and cross the city to first of two pick ups. Got that on around8am then off accross again to get to the second pick up. Got that on then back accross to get on my way to Winnipeg. Started at 2 am and stopped today at 2pmto get a few zzzzz's. Now up and off again for the night shift.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.