Where have all the CB shops gone?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by riggins44, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    To answer the OP
    Big Dummies CB shop near Horse Cave/ Park City Ky has done work for me over the years. He used to be across the interstate from the Loves but moved somewhere nearby. He is on channel 19 when working. Steel Rods in Northern Indiana somewhere north of Lafayette does good work. I haven’t been by there in years. Deputy Electronics at mm 50 in Seymour has a nice shop about a mile east of the TA with truck and trailer parking but I haven’t used them.

riggins44 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Maybe the CB shops should carry a wide variety of replacement smartphone touchscreens, along with proper training on how to do the replacement.

77fib77 and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  4. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Why in the early 2000's we had discussions about the cozmo's and light travel theory. Regularly we would discuss quantum physics.

Nowadays all people want to talk about is string theory.... Pfft, theoricical mombo jumbo...

riggins44 Thanks this.
  5. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    What channel you on? I plan on installing my first CB that I bought at Pilot. Its a Cobra. Im pretty excited .
    I have been testing power inverters as well. Starting to really love my truck =)

77fib77 Thanks this.
  6. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    More than likely you’ll need to send it off not many radio shops left. Some are just complete hack jobs

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Clays can go to hell with their mask Nazi bs. Bexar County has a mandate and as a private business they can either require a mask or not. But when they have a sign on their door and start spouting off that its a State law to wear a mask, then they can F right off.

Ask me politely and I might do you the courtesy. Walk up to me and demand it while lying about a fake law? Eat a bowl of ####s. I took my business elsewhere.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Steel Rods use to be in Remington, IN next door to the Petro. They have been gone a couple years now.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  9. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I haven't been by there in a long time. My company doesn't ever run up an down 65 in the hoosier. But anyway it sucks that he's not there. Steel rod was always a decent fella. His shop started out up at the 215 or the 230 before moving to the 201.

10. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    "I ain't got no panties on" must be code word for I'm not wearing shoes...

11. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    For the op. I hear dubs off of 70 at marshall il , last exit goin east before indiana line is supposed to be good. There is a cb shop in joplin mo. Cb shop at petro in Carlisle Pa. Cb shops in Oklahoma City. Cb tech at milton pa on I-80 ( i think exit 215). Walcott CB in Walcott Iowa. I-80 exit 284. I-57 Exit 335 monee Il. Exit 335. Real World electronics. Don't know if last one is still there or not. Those are a few i can think of.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.