Where to go if you have a bad record / DWI dismissed case?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by hubbell315, Nov 16, 2021.

  1. Happily Retired

    Happily Retired Road Train Member

    Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    The "carny" drivers always have been an important part of this country,,,at least the carnival part. We take the poor carny driver for granted, but really, as popular as carnivals are, where would we be with out them? Truth be known, while today they can feel pretty smug in their old Schneeder trucks , there was a time, when carnival drivers had just the worst equipment. Seemed like a Cracker box Jimmy's last gig, before being scrapped, was a carnival truck.They made excellent drivers considering what they had to drive and before schools, many drivers got their start driving a semi for a carnival. They weren't too particular, they weren't a trucking company, as such, but it if you could make it at a carnival, a regular trucking job would be a piece of cake. Sadly, yes, crime DOES follow the least fortunate in life, but certainly not limited to the carnival.
    TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.


    TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

    Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Not saying it’s just carnival workers just was on their topic
    Happily Retired Thanks this.
  4. TruckerPete1990

    TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

    Jul 16, 2012
    Gentry Arkansas
    It normally is maybe he took a Plea deal? which is why its still there...
  5. Dockbumper

    Dockbumper Road Train Member

    Apr 29, 2020
    Yup........those are the kind of drivers we need out here. Lol
  6. ColoradoLinehaul

    ColoradoLinehaul Light Load Member

    Jul 11, 2021
    You should get a letter from the court stating this was dismissed, expunged from your record and that the record is now sealed.

    These companies cannot hold something against you for that which you were not convicted.

    You should also file a grievance against the background check company to remove inaccurate information. You would submit a certified copy of the letter from the court (have the court clerk certify a copy for you) and send it to them. I’d also put in your letter if it’s not removed, you’ll seek legal counsel if necessary and sue for disparagement with intent to harm. They should correct it very quickly. Send it certified mail and make them sign for it.
    MadScientist Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.