Where's u tankers loading at this morning

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Feb 27, 2017.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Well it looks like my days in the truck are numbered. Company is growing and it’s time they opened a terminal on the Chicago market. It’s not completely official, but I’m going to be taking the terminal manager / fireman position and open and run the Chicago terminal. I’m looking forward to the challenge and building a great team to work with every day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Congratulations. Keep us posted on your new adventure.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  4. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    got called by a big box retailer to remove some campers from their lot that had been sitting all summer. Apparently one was just a trucker that would park and live in the camper for his home time :oops:

Crude Truckin', Bud A. and Orange713 Thank this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    You driving a tow truck now...?

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  6. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    Yup, have the Pete parked and listed for sale. I'll be back in a truck soonish pulling a mix of trailers, but for the time being I'm doing medium/heavy towing.

Crude Truckin', Bud A. and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I found out years ago I could make the same money being home almost every night as I could hauling chemicals over the road.......

Would you agree....?

8. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    Yup. The tow gig is paying me a base salary plus hourly. And if things fall into place I'll be pulling a couple different trailer types locally (150 air miles) a few times a week.

Crude Truckin' and Bud A. Thank this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Last load in the truck today. Monday in the office as a terminal manager. In both excited and a little sad. 23 years in the truck, I think I’m ready for a different kind of challenge now.

10. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Best of luck to you, CJ.
    Don't forget where you can from and you'll be just fine.

Crude Truckin' and Bud A. Thank this.
  11. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Office work is a different kind of stress. I did it for 30 years, and I'm very happy to be in the truck. Here's a little advice: make a note now of five or six of your worst days in the truck and write them down. Then when you feel the urge to strangle someone for continuing to act like an idiot after you've coached them over and over, get that note out and compare the difficulties.

If you breathe a sigh of relief that you're not trying to yank a frozen tarp off a load of insulation in -2° Chicago, or thankful that you survived that time the hose broke and sprayed some toxic stuff all over, or feel suddenly charitable toward your wayward employee when you remember being stuck on the side of the road for six hours with no AC because your serpentine belt broke, then the office is for you.

If, on the other hand, those experiences seem like fond memories compared to the crap you have to put up with working an office job, there will be a truck waiting for you somewhere. (I have a list of office experiences that I keep for events such as described above, and I'm always thankful I'm driving a truck now. Your mileage may vary.)

I wish you the best. Someone has to work in the office. Your people will be fortunate to have someone with your experience doing the job!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.