which large companies have the best maintained fleet

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DesertNightRider, Mar 10, 2019.

1. DesertNightRider

DesertNightRider Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Which large companies have the best maintained fleet? i am in NEW MEXICO USA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    They’re all probably going to be comparable. I’m talking the larger fleets. I *think* Indian River has a terminal in New Mexico. They seem to be a decent outfit for a larger fleet company.

Lonesome and DesertNightRider Thank this.
  4. Gmarj

Gmarj Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Well, many techs in many shops are glorified parts changers. Having said that, large fleets have contracts with truck manufacturers, which offer warranty work. Most fleets also have newer model trucks, thereby reducing their costs by keeping much of the big work under warranty.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I drive for IRT and we do have a terminal on Mabry drive in Clovis, NM. And it's too danged close to those stupid railroad tracks! And it's several miles away from the local Walmart.

However, the terminal is close to Loves.
    So no problem accessing a shower since there are none at the terminal.
    Only Winter Haven has shower facilities that I know of.

Maintenance at IRT is top notch. There is no waiting to put your tractor in the shop for days like at some other silly companies. Unless there is a major problem with your tractor, it's in and out same day.

No waiting on hold for an hour or better to speak to some passive aggressive jerk from the breakdown department.

You call, phone is answered, and your issue is worked on right away. If they're busy working on another call, expect to be called back in a few minutes.

When I was with CRST, the a/c went out in 100 plus degree heat making it not a lot of fun to drive. Being slaves to logic, co-driver and I pulled into a truck shop thinking we could have our truck fixed there given the circumstances.

But noooooooo.

The Crusty answer was to drive to Cedar Rapids, Iowa because this was a warranty issue. Even Western Express wasn't this diabolical.

IRT will send me to the nearest repair shop to fix the a/c immediately.

Last year, I discovered that the fairings attachment keeper thingy was broken on both sides of my tractor. I brought it in to a Peterbilt dealership and was told the tractor was under warranty, and that they would fix the fairings attachment keeper thingies, but that IRT would have to pay for shipping of the required parts to that particular dealership. And so that was done.

I'm pretty sure the two previous circuses I drove for would have told me to keep the bungee cords on until you get to a terminal where you would no doubt wait days to check your tractor in, then wait even longer for the particular parts to arrive.

Unfortunately, IRT doesn't pay you for everything you do like detention, or for 34s, but I am treated well, and the company is run efficiently.

Vic Firth and Mike2633 Thank this.
  6. Mlogger

Mlogger Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    USXL

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Large and best maintained do not go together.

Be prepared to keep a box of spare parts to fix yourself. Such as landing gear cranks and bolts.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    From what I've seen, looks like TMC takes really good care of their stuff.

Farmerbob1 and Mooseontheloose Thank this.
  9. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
  10. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    What do you consider a large fleet.
    And why are you asking?

Trying to buy a Truck from a large fleet?
    Just looking at working for a large fleet for some reason

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I would give a vote to Western Express and US Express. Dont let missing pieces off the cab fool you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.