Who do I contact to report highway patrol?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Newdriver813, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Listen, you got a warning not a ticket so don’t waste any time or money on a lawyer. What you need to do is file a formal complaint against the officer. Go to their headquarters ( In MA they’re called state police barracks) go to the one that they work out of.

The complaint will get addressed and it will be put in the officers file. Whether or not any disciplinary actions happen may depend on what else is in the officer’s file.

Be very articulate with your complaints. Keep it professional and free of word salad gibberish.

Good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    IDK about Commieforia but here in Iowa their pretty lax about enforcing that law unless it’s raining right down and your headlights are not on I’ve seen a couple idiots driving around in a heavy rain with out headlights on when they really should be but I have yet to hear of someone getting a ticket I’am pretty sure they wouldn’t stop you for just cleaning the windshield here

4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Fined for using to much water.

;)

[​IMG]

:)

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

JolliRoger, SoulScream84, Numb and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Rolling 50's

Rolling 50's Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2024
    This isn't good advice, Michelle. I see the point you are trying to make but in fact the opposite is true - there is a local legal "clique" in most areas, but by retaining a local attorney, you are buying into that clique. The local attorney you hire will know the judge, the prosecutor, and very likely the officer who wrote the ticket. This isn't a bad thing. To the contrary it's the best scenario. I once got a ticket from the Mississippi Highway Patrol for passing on a two-lane road within 100 feet of an intersection, in Oxford MS. Not a dangerous pass but technically illegal, the intersection itself was little more than a dirt road. Could have easily gotten a pass but the officer decided he wanted to write a ticket. I retained an attorney in Oxford, which is DEFINITELY an old-boy network. By telephone actually, didn't even meet the guy. I just knew I wanted someone local. The attorney made the first appearance for me and got me a court date two months down the road. When I showed up for court, I sat down in the courtroom, he saw me and asked if I was me, we shook hands, and he said, "I haven't seen the prosecutor yet but I'll talk to him when he gets here and let you know where we are." So I sat for a few, court comes to session, roll is called, then the attorneys start talking. My attorney went up to the prosecutor, had a short chat, then the officer, had a short chat with him, then he got a piece of paper out of his briefcase, had the prosecutor and officer sign it, went straight to the judge, and got the charge dismissed, without me even so much as getting out of my seat. Cost me $1000. Well worth it.

6. brysol01

brysol01 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I complained through the proper channels a DOT officer he wrote me up for a bunch of stuff, that when he left and i checked those
    items, they were working, now every time i go through, and he's on duty, he pulls me over, for a paperwork inspection, if you can get by
    letting it pass i would , but every time i see him i get $50 more on my paycheck, for a good Level III

7. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Call the US Marshall's. They know what to do.
    IMG_6323.jpeg

8. High Stepper

High Stepper Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    We're you stopped in one of these states? This will help determine the legitimacy of your case.

Screenshot_20240303-142246_Chrome.jpg

9. Michelle33

Michelle33 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2024
    West Texas
    I can see how that could be an advantage in some situations. I guess it just depends on the people in the town and the type of harassment.

My experience was the opposite of what yours was though. Mine was non-stop harassment while at the work place and afterwards, daily. I should have waited to respond until I got more information from the OP lol. I thought there was more harassment involved.

10. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    EF9AD43B-BC97-46EA-AC1A-8BD8DAEA3EB0.png 2D2B750D-54EB-49CA-A35E-233423217B8D.jpeg
    Some people’s children… smh

11. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    only flashers needs to be used

Numb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.