Who is the best mega?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by deathB4decaf, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I do at Cardinal on my account. Some receivers require a hard hat if you enter the building too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Being a canadian driver schneider was actually one of the better companies i have worked for and gave this newbie a shot . sucks they have decided to close the only canadian terminal here in Guelph ,not a lot of companies who will hire newbies across the boarder

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Ya ain’t gonna use that potato peeler on potatoes anymore after scratching your never nevers with it are ya?

Speed_Drums and Bumper Thank this.
  5. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    Schneider started paying practical last year 2021

6. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    And the trucking industry wonders why they can't find drivers. I just quit Walmart because of the above items you mentioned.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    But we all agree Megatron is the best MEGA. Right?

150967.gif

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    When the covid pandemic first hit home, and the economic situation really tanked in 2020 just after that, I was working for Schneider's intermodal division, servicing a couple of railyards near Atlanta.

It was a regional gig. I was home every 5 days.

During that time--I had a front row seat to see who basically had the most non-reefer, non-tanker freight, at least in the southeastern US.

Over time, I watched all that freight come into those railyards, and who was moving it out.

While freight volumes slowed down elsewhere (in many cases/places, severely), Schneider's Atlanta intermodal kept us running hard.

During that time--I never waited for a load. Ever.

I always had more action than I could handle.

Also--I'd say that 98-99% of that was drop and hook. Very few live loads/unloads. No lumpers. No reschedules. No unloading.

I can't speak for JB Hunt, but my guess would be that things over there were pretty much the same.

If you're interested in a gig with a so-called "mega-carrier"....that will keep you moving even when times get tough, and you don't want to be a part of the reefer madness elsewhere (and that's VER-RY understandable).....then seriously consider opportunities with either JB Hunt....or Schneider.

--Lual

Munch75 Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I worked for them from 2004 until early 2007, and then did a two-month cup of coffee with them in late 2009 after the good job I had gotten laid me off during the financial crisis.

The amount of change that occurred even during those couple years I was gone was amazing. Rude dispatchers who expected you to be a pawn in their chess game, pay that had somehow gotten even worse in terms of the numbers on your check, a Gary OC terminal manager that I've had to forcibly remove from my memory so I don't set up a voodoo shrine in my basement...what a ####hole.

####ing bully me for an $800 gross paycheck? Let me know how that works out for you now that I don't need your job, buddy.

10. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    Schneider is definitely terrible. I remember one time I was calling after hours support staff and we had a thirty minute conversation on how senior management intentionally drove away their best drivers.. Schneider bulk’s whole model is pennies on the dollar tanker meatsacks moving cheap freight for training. If you somehow don’t mess anything up and want a real job, they have absolutely zero accounts to accommodate you. Zero experienced driver accounts where you can stop paying to train other meatsacks.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    I am surprised at all the bad experiences I see for Schneider. I am with them currently and can say I got it made in the shade for my current situation. I run dedicated, home every week, no fuss no muss. To be fair I started with them Regional OTR and the DBL and I couldn't get along. So I transferred from that type of hauling to a dedicated reefer account. I get along great with the DBL and his Boss lady, just got upgraded to a 2021 Cascadia (out of a '19 International) and for the most part am in cruise control. As they say, experiences may vary whether it be a result of personalities presented or received. There are plenty of options with them if you want to figure out what you want to run. Regional, Full OTR, Dedicated, Flatbed, tanker. Pay is below average, very true. But the work is consistent. Never had to wait on next available load. Anytime a breakdown occurs they are on top of it and will take care of you in solid terms. I mean other than less than industry average pay. I don't have a reason to look else where.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.