Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.5%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.7%
  6. *

CR England.

21.2%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. TruckingStraight

TruckingStraight Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I'm currently with Werner, and so far i'm satisfied with everything thus far. I'm currently on a Canadian account making .39 cpm avg 2400 miles a week with steady home time. I'm also driving a nice 579 with 88k miles on it now. So, it really seems to me that it's a mix of personal attitude and a prayer on the wind that your dispatch team is of decent quality. Oh we're also governed out at 68. I thought i'd add that bit due to the amusement i get when passing other mega-carrier drivers i.e., Swift, Knight, Roehl, etc.

Opus Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Utilized properly, Schneider is a reasonable training wheel company. But do your time and move on to better things.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    I went to Schneider training academy in Charlotte, NC for my CDL. Paid CDL / Hotel / Food and Gas reimbursement. I was paid $550 a week for 6 weeks until I got my truck week 7. When I got to the academy it was 2 students 1 instructor for a class of 8 students . Classes were 9 hrs long and lasted 2 weeks training in the yard and around Charlotte. Week 3/4 was OTR Training just me and my trainer that had over 25 years experience I drove he watched no team BS like prime inc other companies do. Week 5 CDL week , Week 6 you wait at home until your CDL paper work comes in the mail. Week 7 you’re back at your home terminal and get your truck you go out with a trainer for a day or 2 training then you get your first assignment and you’re on your own. So glad I went to Schneider Training over the local CDL schools in my area. I did my 1 year of OTR with them before taking a local regional job with another company. Oh yea no contracts at Schneider they started me at 43cpm and averaged around 2700 miles a week paychecks were around 1150-1250 a week after tax. That’s exactly why I chose them over CRE / Swift / USX / Werner other mega companies that offer training as well.

archer1989, truckguy391, Opus and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I started with Schneider right out of CDL school at my local Tech College......September 12, 2012.
    Still there....as an IC.

I've always liked them, mostly. Sure there are a couple of things they could work on, but what company doesn't.
    Lots of times people's dissatisfaction comes at the hands of inexperienced dispatchers. It happens. But when I had a moron, (who was later fired), I asked for a move and it was immediate.
    I'm sure there are better companies, and I know there are worse, but I'm staying put until I retire in 7 years.
    Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

truckguy391 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  7. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    It was a sign-on bonus paid out over time which makes it more like a retention bonus in reality.

They paid it out in something like 4 installments with about half of the bonus coming at 1 year. I started at .38 cpm and was at .45 at the end of one year. And they tax the bonus at a high rate so what I actually received was closer to $3000.

I never had any issues with the pay at Schneider.

8. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I have
    I have worked for both, CR England has Security guards dressed in Black with Kevlar & 9 mm guns, U have to go through a metal detector to get to Human Resources, u be the judge.

surf_avenue, TB John and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    When you have to go to human resources but pass through a metal detector and have armed security guards with firearms THAT should tell you everything you need to know about that company.

TB John, Gearjammin' Penguin and Opus Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

• Draft saved Draft deleted