Why did my dm call me asking me to stayn

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Juan1998, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Juan1998

Juan1998 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2023
    Hello guys I put in a application for another carrier. This morning my dm called called asking is there anything he can do. Currently the company I'm working for feels more for like rookies I already have two years.. what is something you would say to a dm ? I said more miles maby I should of siad more cpm lol ? I wana challenge myself and learn 13 speed and 18’speeds. Currently my carrier is just automatics lol . Ps I do know how to drive 10 speeds.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    2 years driving doesn’t make you a seasoned veteran The answer to your question is you should of told Your DM the same thing you said here in your post .. He can’t get mad if you tell him your trying to challenge your self driving a manual transmission You gon have a hard time finding a company that is will to hire you when you don’t know how to drive their equipment Their not going to allow you to tear up their equipment learning when they can hire someone that already knows how to drive a manual transmission

4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Make a list, walk in his office & drop it right on his desk, then when he looks up at you, look him straight in the eyes with a blank expression.

Wait for the reply........ I'll see what I can do.

Continue to look for another job.

5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I’ve always worked for money, not for miles…

6. Juan1998

Juan1998 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2023
    Yes I agree two years I'm still learning the industry. However he completely caught me off guard when he called me I didn't really know what to say lol. Anyways I was pretty good with 10 spd. I do understand the H pattern for 13 and the high and low which are freightliners which is a good truck to start out with ?

7. Juan1998

Juan1998 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2023

8. Juan1998

Juan1998 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2023
    Will do maby its the pressure I get from others that say you aint’a real truck driver if you dont drive Manuel lol.

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Why are you leaving in the first place, usually it’s about more money……. You should have your own answer MONEY…….

10. Juan1998

Juan1998 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2023
    More cpm and miles more opportunity to learn something different.

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's your dispatcher's job to keep you in the seat. Every dispatcher for every company I have worked for did the very same thing when I felt that it was time to move on, including my current dispatcher. I have found that when I told them what my issues were for leaving, some made changes to keep me, but those changes only lasted for a short while and then things went back to the same old stuff after a while.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.