Why you don't stop on the shoulder!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Pedigreed Bulldog, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    'Nother one today...not sure why he was "parked" on the shoulder.

I-55 SB open after deadly crash near Perryville, MO

I think they had it a little screwed up in the story. Wasn't at the exit ramp, but rather the entrance ramp. Car attempting to merge onto the big road and failed. Threw a wrench in my plans, because I'd crossed the river from Chester and was heading down to take my 30 with the horses, and would be there 7:45 into my day. Had to turn around and go back to 61 to get on a little farther South...ended up making it where I was going at 8:05 into my day. Garmin was yelling at me for being in "violation", despite my running local (no requirement to even bother with the 30 minute break if I don't want to). Sorry eloggers, even if I WAS running an ELD and NOT inside the 100 air-mile/12 hr day, I still wouldn't have stopped short for 30 when I was planning to stop to feed & water my horses anyway. 15 minutes farther and I'd be dropping the trailer and heading home for the weekend anyway. [/rant]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Today must have been National Park On A Shoulder DaY..
    I just saw a lot more people parked along the interstate today.

4. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Why are you both so close to the line? Personally, I would have pulled more the right about 6 extra feet as long as it wasn't soft. Seems like a wide enough shoulder for it.

5. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    bigstock-Using-phone-while-driving-117298256.jpg

Too busy checking Facebook to worry about what's ahead of them.

uncleal13 and DSK333 Thank this.
  6. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    I personally like all of the new car manufacturer's commercials advertising bad driving with their auto braking and lane control, etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.