will a ltl co. hire me

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by 79tkx, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They're all good companies. I have friends driving for Saia & Estes & they love the companies. With ABF you would be vested for a pension after 5 years. Either way all the companies on your list are good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm sure you'd get in somewhere. Maybe not this time of year but come spring and summer there will be opportunities. Just start monitoring Craigslist and asking around when you come in contact with these guys. It's somewhat of an old boy's club you have to work your way into.

4. boxxxtrucker

boxxxtrucker Light Load Member

Little known secret; LTLs will hire with little or no experience more often than people think. The fact that you have experience means your chances are even better. Theres a lot of competition in certain parts of the country though. It took me 7-8 months to land an eight month contract with my now former company. Plus winter months are slow for hiring...

5. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Not all terminals give out lots of O.T. Now if your talking line haul and you get enough dock time or miles or both depending where your working then 70k plus sounds correct.

6. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I think you are more than qualified for the job. You got far more experience than me, and I was signed on right out of school. Again, good timing is everything. Doing linehauls is what I do. I love it. Less than 5% of our runs require us to layover somewhere for a 10 hour restart. You would definitively like it if you just want to shuttle trailers back and forth between terminals. Start filling out applications everywhere you can. As long as you have a lot of LTL carriers in your area, you should have a fair shot at it. Good luck!

7. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Ltl isn't hard to get hired on with. Just need to be persistent. Made a tad over $80k last year (2011) just working when required. They hire job hoppers also because they know the job hopping ended when they hire you.

bbechtel16 Thanks this.
  8. Gambinos Wrath

Gambinos Wrath Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Denver, co
    I know our company is looking for a linehaul guy in denver, our oldest guy their at the top paygrade makes around 1400 a week after tax, newest guy makes around 1000 after tax, its weird guys cant handle it thought (we have gone through 2 in the 4 months ive been working their as a local driver)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.