will be starting my career with USA

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by TheDudeAbides, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Milechaser

Milechaser Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Campobello, SC.
    I've been with USA Truck on and off for 8.5 years. They have made a lot of changes in that time, and with the new management, I believe that that they are truly trying to make and keep their drivers happy. They do need to raise the mileage pay some, and decrease the unpaid detention time. And just like TheDudeAbides stated, your Driver Manager / Dispatcher, can make or break you. I'm lucky to have one of their best, and he keeps me moving, with an average of 2800 miles per week.

kiwi23 and TheDudeAbides Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    think you'll do great mate your circumstances are perfect with no home to really worry about your truck can become your new home no more issues with utilities hope you enjoy your new career...... :cool:

Puppage and TheDudeAbides Thank this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    How about an update, man?

5. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Haha, I like it! Well in June I bought a truck, leased in to USA because it was familiar and an easy transition. Was able to run some miles and make some money and now I'm headed to flatbed to continue this journey.
    I have nothing bad to say about USA as a company. They really do try hard to keep drivers happy but thats clearly an impossible task. It's a big company so they can't match the personalization of small companies but my DM's always knew my name when I called (caller ID I'm sure) and I was lucky to have a great manager that kept me moving when I wanted to and got me home when I wanted as well. The trucks were bumped up to 65 in my time, everyone had APU's, no cameras or collision avoidance babysitters, and there was no crazy micromanagement (phone calls asking why your not rolling). No company is perfect but like I said before, you could do a lot worse.

danny23tx and Puppage Thank this.
  6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    You are headed to flat bed with USA or a different company ? Thx for the update , Im from Austin Im looking to join up with USA soon I hope .

7. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm heading to CRST Malone. USA doesn't do flatbed

8. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Awesome ! good luck !

TheDudeAbides Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.