Women, Relationshps and OTR (trucking jobs)?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tman78, Jul 24, 2017.

1. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I'm putting this one up for the Benefit of all Drivers out there and those who want to have and keep a relationships with a Woman.

Ok..this one is a little personal but i'm sure some "intelligent" drivers can give US some input. AND I'M SURE that other's would like to discuss this subject too (so its not just for my benefit) I'm just looking for some opinions and input.

I'm a single male 56, in decent shape (no kids or xwifes hangin round).

My concern and hope is to eventually find a good woman to share our lifes together.
    How difficult is it to find a woman OTR who wants a long term exclusive relationship? If this is possible, how would one find such?
    I'm thinking other female drivers might be interested in this too, but those are far and few between, since they are truly a minority.

• Are some of you simply content with being alone for the rest of your day? If so, how did you come to this conclusion?
    I know that many have lost WIFE's due to OTR jobs (god knows we've heard enough of those). I'M GUESSING that OTR relationships were just too hard to maintain with a woman/companion who's willing and able to stay fateful while her hubby is away 3-4 weeks OTR. ALSO, **spare us comments regarding "lot lizards"** and hoes OTR. We all know about them.

I WOULD like to keep this conversation SERIOUS to a point where we can all benefit from any constructive input if possible. **ANYWAY, If anyone has a solution to this problem (which i'm sure is a common one)** we'd all like to hear it.

ALSO, if any have SAVED their OTR jobs and relationships, it would be a great benefit to hear about those too.

* Maybe the solution is to eventually go local...and if that is the case, so be it. But has anyone a solution to OTR and keeping a relationship?

Your constructive input is greatly appreciated.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    I've been married for 17 years in August. I have drove for 15 of those. You have to have a good partner at home. It all depends on the maturity level of each partner. That said after 15 years of each of us having our own routine, much more than a couple weeks together I have to go somewhere. Got to have trust in each other. There will be hard times sure, but marriage and love are choices we choose every day.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've been OTR 22+ yrs, married 31+ years. @noluck hit it on the head...it takes a special kind of person at home...plus it also takes a faithful person on the road. Trust is key. If either side has any kind of trust issues or even a glimmer of jealousy, it causes friction. I also spend 4-6 weeks out, 4-6 straight day home. And in those 4-6 weeks out we talk at least once a day. When we talk, we both accept that the other has had a rough day, an occasionally needs to vent without judgement...but once I am home...we spend a lot of time together. I will even send the occasional card or order flowers to be delivered for no reason except to remind her how much in love with her I still am...a marriage isn't 50/50...it's 100/100...boths sides have to give 100% to make it work. Plus it helps that I married my high school sweetheart...

5. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    So true. The cellphone has made it much easier. We talk ever day, sometimes multiple times. Never very long, just a hi and whatcha doing.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One never knows for sure if it will work out, so it's a gamble. There is no formula for success, so don't stress about it and if it doesn't work out, change partners and do it again. Been married 8 times and totally indifferent about it. Is that normal? Well, it is for me!

7. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    You have got to be joking. Right?

RedRover Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No, it's true. I'm neither proud of it nor ashamed of it. The first one said, "I'm your first and last wife." The others said, "I'm your final wife; you'll never divorce again." I'm thinking, "That sounds like a challenge!"
    I knew deep down there was trouble in paradise a couple of times when I caught myself hitting on the bridesmaids.

9. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    The common denominator seems to be you. Just saying.

cybill234, Tb0n3, Coover and 4 others Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    After 8, if you applied for a 9th, they should say....sorry, you have to take a retraining course before the government will allow us to produce one.

Do you have a revolving charge account at your attorney, and get a multi-use discount?

Coover, datnewnew, RedRover and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.