Worst company you ever worked for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Upinsmoke, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    Doug Andrus distribution.

First job I got after I left the military. They wanted me to falsify my HOS logs so their trainer could get more miles.

Worst 17 days of my life!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckguy391

truckguy391 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    I’ve had a few that were bad but the worst was am-can transport out of Williamston, SC. They’re a subsidiary of cardinal logistics and when I drove for them about 3 or 4 years ago had just transitioned to being under cardinal. They were previously under greatwide but i guess cardinal bought them out too. Even though they were a part of cardinal they had their own DOT number and operated out of their terminal in SC and everything was out and back meaning you’d go deliver somewhere and then bring a load of some sort back. Their dispatchers kinda reminded me of the stories I’ve read about K&B. Every load was hot to the point that they’d micromanage your every move. Have to stop and pee? You’d get a phone call asking why you’re not rolling. Stopping for a 10hr break? They’ll call you at 9hrs saying you better get rolling and don’t let your log say 10hrs and 1 minute off duty or sleeper. I decided I didn’t want to be micromanaged and quit after the first run. I decided they weren’t worth it. I’ve heard they’re no longer their own company, cardinal recently shut down amcan, closed the terminal and just operates under cardinal but I’m not sure. If it’s true I feel sorry for the office ladies who were helpful and friendly but the dispatchers were just terrible. Glad I’ve moved on to greener pastures

4. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Sysco! They threw me in a truck by myself the first day with 20 stops. Lasted a week, what a ****show that place was.. 10x more physical than basic training, no joke.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  5. truckguy391

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    Foodservice drivers definitely have my respect. It’s an extremely physical job and it’s not for everyone. I’ll be the first to admit it’s not for me.

6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    That stuff you described is HIGHLY illegal. As far as labor laws go! And yes, truckers who are paid by the mile are still subjected to labor laws in their favor. Call me nine hours into my 10 hour break, my voicemail would state: “HOLD ON YOU SOB, ILL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK AFTER IM FINISHED LOGGING IN ON DUTY SINCE THIS IS A WORK RELATED CALL”

Then? When they refused to pay me for the time they woke me up out of a dead precious sleep, I would inform them that they are now subjective to a per incident of a $50,000 fine most of which would go right into my back pocket. Per federal labor laws!

7. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Absolutely, I’ve never been so miserable in my life in that job and it was literally a week. Constant “where are you” phone calls and the beyond grueling physical labor. Sysco has military boot camp beat lol.. Also, I’ve never seen so many older employees hobbling around after hip replacements and other surgeries. 16 hour days, they couldn’t care less about HOS. That was my first trucking job and I seriously regretted getting my CDL at that point. Now I’m fine. Hats off to all food service guys. I don’t know how they do it.

8. truckguy391

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    They paid me which surprised me lol. I did my return trip back to South Carolina, slept in a little bit with my phone on silent only to awaken to a ton of missed calls and messages on peoplenet lol. I just wanted my money, which I got without any trouble. If I had stayed any longer I would have logged every single phone call from them during my break as on duty time.

vanishing point and mjd4277 Thank this.
  9. truckguy391

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    I’ve been told by quite a few people that they don’t follow any hos. Between that, the constant where are you calls, and driver facing cameras I wouldn’t last there lol

UhOhh Thanks this.
  10. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    dutch maid logistics

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Do you know how many times the company I work for calls me? Maybe once per month. Or even just checks in on me? Maybe once every 10 days. And it’s usually a tight load and they just want to make sure I can get it there on time or asking my opinion whether I can get a load there on time or not.

It’s pretty simple. They line them up and I knock them down. We only bother each other when it’s absolutely necessary.

My personality would never allow me to work for a company who calls or messages me because I stopped for a break. As long as I get the loads on time, nobody bothers me and that’s the way I like it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.