Wrecks you've been in or seen

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by jr-transport, May 15, 2011.

1. Trucker jay

Trucker jay Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Swan river Manitoba
    Some people should try haul wood chips on bush roads then they'd ounderstand

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FL32514

FL32514 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Pensacola, Fl
    The strangest one I seen, I didn't witness, but I've seen the news paper clipping to prove it, an old buddy of mine, after hurricane Ivan, wanted to go check on his hunting camp, gotta cross an old wood bridge about 60-70 ft long, to get there, one problem, the river was about a foot over the guard rails on the bridge (to give you an idea how high that is for this river, the river at normal height is about 20+ft below the bottom of the bridge.)

Being the idiot 18 year old he was, he figured he could forge on through in his toyota on 44's, probably coulda, one problem, the bridge wasn't there anymore.

There is a news paper clipping framed in his house, with a picture of him getting pulled off the roof of his truck by a coast guard chopper

4. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

This one is the Reason my dad quit Training in 1997 while working for Grand Island Express with his last Trainee. Well his Trainee decided to put the WHOLE RIG on the Ramp wall in the Middle of Rush Hour in Des Monies Iowa. The only tire touching the Ground was the Right Front Steer the Rest were either on the wall or IN THE AIR. Took 8 hours to get tehm off the wall and he ended up in the Hospital 2 days later needing a Quad bypass.

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Got to witness a wreck today. Truck pulls out of a fuel stop in front of me, with an SUV and a car right on it's tail. We all crossed the river and started up the hill, but the car was erratically altering it's speed and swerving all over the road...oncoming traffic didn't seem to bother her at all. I figured at the top of the hill, when I came to a stop, I'd dial 911 and report the possible drunk behind the wheel....but I didn't have to. The SUV stopped at the stop sign.....the car didn't. So, because they were all in a big hurry to pull out in front of me, I got to sit there stuck behind them waiting for the cops, paramedics, and tow truck to show up & do their thing.

Only person carted off by the EMT's was the lady in the car...hope she got a ride to jail after that. It wasn't even that serious of a wreck....everybody SHOULD have been able to drive away. I think she told the cops she was on her way to the hospital with some sort of medical emergency or something to try to explain the wreck....who knows.

All I know is it held me up, and that is unacceptable. People need to learn how to drive without attempting to cause their vehicle to occupy the same space as another vehicle at the same time....no matter how hard they try, it will never work.:biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.