Wright Transportation, Mobile, Al. The home I have been looking for...

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KD5AXG, Jul 22, 2017.

1. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Update:

The ECM shorted out. The tech said when he connected to it, the ECM kept throwing random codes and showing false information about the tractor.

So, now I'm waiting for Empire to write the estimate and get it to Wright, who is ready to pay the bill to get me rolling again. *IF* they have the right replacement ECM in stock.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Update 2:

Payment exchanged, new ECM installed and I'm sleeping in my 10 wheeled home tonight. The hotel room was nice, but, as they say, there's no place like home.

Gonna grab me a few hours of shuteye, then head out in the morning.

Peace and safe miles!!!!

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Glad you got it fixed! That was fast for a dealer.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  5. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Back off of a weekend with the family. Seems like I'm more busy when I'm visiting the wife and kids than when I'm on the road. And, I always seem to not get one of the 3 things I want to get done done. Oh, well.

I'm here in Sunnyvale, TX for my 10am load appt. Only to find out the shipper has me scheduled for 1pm. (sigh)

I guess I'll try to get my new antenna coax routed correctly. I had my Cobra 29 LX peaked, tuned and a mosfet installed. CB guy got it to 22w out. But I'm not getting near that now. But, this is for another thread.

Anyway, safe miles everyone.

6. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    It's truly nice to sit at the yard for whatever reason, and not have to listen to #####ing and griping on the patio or in the breakroom.

Cough, cough, ABILENE, cough, cough.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  7. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    LOL You know folks at Abilene don’t gripe about stuff!!!! I mean, I really wouldn’t know since I am hardly ever on the patio, though.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  8. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Okay, so I'm taking a reset up here at the Iowa 80. I'm waiting to get into the Trucking Museum, and wondering what happened to all the truck stops? The Iowa 80 seems to have a good balance between commercial drivers needs and 4 wheelers needs.

But, so many now seem to treat us as lesser humans, as do so many of the driving public. Where did we go wrong?

p608 and Dark_Majesty_06 Thank this.
  9. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    I got rear ended yesterday morning on I 59 in north Alabama around the 165 southbound. The car lost control after it hit me and ended up sideways in the left lane and left shoulder. I came to a safe stop on the right shoulder and watched in disbelief as the car backed up, the took off at a high rate of speed back southbound. Had to wait over 2 hours for a trooper to arrive to file the hit and run report.

Then, later yesterday, I went to pickup a loaded trailer to bring back to the yard from Pensacola. The yard jockey dropped the trailer in a rush and put the landing gear in a bind. A few weeks ago, I was goofing off and jammed my neck pretty good. So, everything came to a head yesterday.

Long story short, I'm off the road for a bit with a sore and stiff back and neck. I ended up having to call the shop to get help bringing the trailer back to the yard because I was in so much pain and discomfort while driving, and was HIGHLY unsafe.

Wright jumped right onto my issue and got another driver to bring my rig back to the yard, and gave me a ride back to the yard. And then to the clinic. They even offered to let me ride with another driver to get home for Thanksgiving.

Everyone here has offered to help me in some way or another. Genuine caring from everyone. I still can't find a logical reason to leave Wright.

Guess I'll start packing for my extended time off.

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. My prayers are with all of you, especially those who wanted to be a certain somewhere for Thanksgiving, but aren't able to for whatever reason.

From my family to yours:
    Peace, love and safe miles.

RebelChick Thanks this.
  10. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Wowzers! Glad you’re feeling somewhat okay after that. Praying for a speedy recovery and a happy turkey day to you and yours. Do what the doctor says and don’t overdo. (I know how you men are! LOL)

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.