WTF over!

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Coolbreezin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    Ive driven many many miles and seen a whole of things. I cannot figure out how this happened. Any ideas? 57317113_2300545050215170_282894154164338688_n.jpg

alds and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I think those tandems must have been stubborn and pulled the pins, jump into the cab and rammed forward. Tandems slam into the ICC bumper probably with trolley or trailer brakes set. ICC Bumper forces the tandems to rotate down out of the rails after the slam. Next thing you see is this.

I can only theorize.

These are a series of crashes that are pretty good. My epic personal favorite is the echoing THUMP at 5:42 into the video.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Omega1, Midwest Trucker and flood Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Overzealous wheel chock? lol

Cattleman84, lovesthedrive and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The more I think about that ramp slope it might have just enough to dig into the tandem lower front bracket particularly if the airride is still not inflated.

We never slide on sloped surfaces and definately not in a dock area. The Decap (Decapitation bar) should still be on the trailer back there.

CLOSE inspection does not show the ICC Bumper on trailer. So scenario number two.

Trailer is latched to building at the hook on Decap bar. With tandems all the way back. driver must have jumped in and yanked the hook off with enough power jerking the trailer clean off. The tandems chose to come off the rail when the bumper went away.

These are only theories because I don't have a picture at all back there "On the other side" behind the trailer.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    He's got the 80's style good wheel chock at 3 inches high. It would not want to scrape anywhere or allow itself to be run over very easily. I imagine it can be done, by abusing the tractor somehow.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I don't have a clue. But you would surely think the driver would have felt extreme resistance trying to move forward. Just WOW on this one.

D.Tibbitt and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, it's like me.

If the #### thing wont move apply horsies until it moves. If horsies tired, find traction and make it move.

I got into a railroad switch buried in the yard dirt (Not gravel, but dirt, the cheapstakes... Port East liked to have Colonial Williamsburg style decorations to impress the people coming into the front with expensive wood, but refuses to throw down 300 dollars in gravel in that yard back there.)

I got into that switch inside that is called a "Fork" where the rails diverge. Once the steer tire and wheel got wedge into that angle, its not going forward anymore. I threw the lockers and put her into granny low (Really deep reduction on a older 60's Mack) and slapped the fuel to 2300 and dumped the clutch.

SNAP The whole city heard that. Most especially the dispatcher and the shop people.

The truck is out, but I found msyelf having to put in huge BS input to get her back straight. And why is everyone looking at me funny as if i had three heads or something.

Got out to take a look.

The entire front end had failed. Both steers no longer knew right from left, both steers suspension was gone. Both steers spring hangers were twisted, both steers sway bar was gone from one, the pittman arm was pretty much OOS and since it was a manual the universal joint in the column ahead of the firewall was broken.

In addition both castor and camber no longer existed on the entire front end. The rods were stripped out.

Pretty much totaled the truck. Good for parts.

D.Tibbitt and Omega1 Thank this.
  9. Feedman

Feedman Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2015
    West mi
    Now that's what you call being over on your tandem

10. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Looks like the spring brakes were still engaged and somehow the pin broke and there he went full blast... it would take a whole lot of force to do that. He might've had his ear buds in listening to music

Omega1, D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    All he gots to do is backup and set her right down

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.