WTH is "Deiselducy" on Youtube

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Buckeye 'bedder, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Vanity search.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hollywood1982

Hollywood1982 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Murfreesboro tn
    Ok I'm a five year vet at marten now this may help this guy duchy was reported by some motorist on numerous occasions holding a camera while driving and also acting in unsafe manners(driving over snow covered bridges holdin a camera out the window I'm assuming for screenshots) safety investigated and luckily for their sake he posted all these videos even taped himself throwing the qcommmaround the truck all on film needless to say he got his walking papers hope thus helps

4. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Here's his final video with Marten. He got exactly what he deserved.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmtKNFxzGg&feature=fvsr[/ame]

Hollywood1982 Thanks this.
  5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Old thread, but I'll give my opinion. DD, while socially inept, is by far not the most idiotic individual to have held a steering wheel. Sure, his 'pre-trip' has lots of deficiencies, but to me it seemed to have been recorded more for entertainment purposes than educational value. Was that his ACTUAL pre-trip inspection? We only know what he decided to post on YouTube, so who knows? The guy seems to be a bit of a narcissist, and I believe that is why he is not taken seriously. As for making videos while driving, he is one of hundreds that have done the same. Heck, there's one Canadian driver that posts on YouTube making vids of himself reading paperwork while tooling down the Interstate. Anyhow, my point is that while DD may be self-centered, attention seeking, a bit flamboyant, and may behave in a way that makes people consider him a 'tool', I really didn't see him doing anything that hasn't been done by someone else before him. Cut him some slack, he's out of a truck. And he wasn't scared to come back here to face the music.

6. T-Lady

T-Lady Medium Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Wautoma, WI
    As 'gutsy' as you may feel he was for showing his face, consider the way he blames someone else for 'costing him his job.' Nothing like owning up, hey? I didn't get thru the entire thing, internet is slow...maybe later...or not.

7. Chopswithafist

Chopswithafist Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    West, TN
    The only person that cost DD his job is him. I'm sure there is no where in Marten's policy manual that is says it's ok to hold a camera and drive. By the way, he said its no different than holding a cell phone, well I think CSA took care of that. You are a driver, it is your job to drive and do it safely, not to hold a camera, talk on the phone, text, email, yank on your wankee, type on the Qcomm, etc. Do all that stuff when your not going down the road at 65mph.

8. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    dont waste time -0- if someone is bad enough to have this much negative traffic then just block him like I did ....

9. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    This is true, but he was honest about how he felt at the time. Some people are hardheaded, and it takes a bit longer for things to sink in. Hopefully it was a learning experience.

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    He's a 40 year old man who has been around long enough to "know better." But because he's so child-like people coddle him like hes an 8 year old kid, as you just proved.

11. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    What this guy did was STUPID. You don't go down the road holding the steering wheel with one hand...I hope it's atleast one hand...and a video camera in the other. And in a company truck yet. He got exactly what he deserved. He was on an ego trip. These people put themselves on youtube and think they're freaking movie stars.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted