Y’all this is getting out of hand!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jmcdaniel0, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Anyone can brag about GROSS. It's the NET you should be concerned about. And that's the $64,0000 question with these Chicago outfits.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Some companies still rockin' them BS ad's to sucker in new, gullible drivers. This crap has been going on for decades. Just not as bad as it used to be because word has gotten around and most people have wised up.

4. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    JB Hunt and Schneider have been doing this for a while- called bait and switch.

When you get there they say the job is no longer available. Then they offer you something 45k/yr.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

ABC Trucking, one of our drivers won $25,000 on a lottery ticket. = "Make up to $25,100 per week."

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

How did that ad make it past the very strict fact-checking process of the internet?

u4icwargasm and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Companies grossly inflating their pay for new hires has been rampant for a couple decades. Nothing new here. The amount has gone up due to inflation.

8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I've made that kind of money as a company driver on W2 before. Of course, it wasn't OTR. It was in the oil field, running over weight, over hours, and over the speed limit hauling oil back in the days of the boom down in west Texas and New Mexico.

Maxing hours out as an LTL line haul driver, one could possibly touch those numbers. I've done 10k on several occasions.

However, I would not believe a word that comes out of a Chicago based politician or trucking company's mouth.

9. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Their top owner/operators gross $12k a month. I recently had a trucking company recruiter tell me their driver's average $54hr. I asked if I could get a written guarantee of that $54hr. I haven't heard back.

u4icwargasm and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    J.B. Hunt has been doing that for at least 20 years now and likely longer than that.

They once tried to sucker me in with a dedicated Rite-Aid account job which magical disappeared like a unicorn outside Hogwarts the DAY I was supposed to run up to East Brunswick NJ for orientation. After they tried offering me OTR I said “no thank you”, went to a nearby construction company, and had a job pulling a dump trailer the next day.

J.B Hunt can go screw themselves with an Arizona cactus as far as I’m concerned.

jethro712, mjd4277, Grouch and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    TMC did that to me years ago. I quit right out of orientation when they informed me that the Texas dedicated was full so they had me down for OTR. It took until 3 days into orientation to notify me that the position I was being hired for was unavailable. After that I decided no more going out of state for orientation. If I can't do orientation in Texas then I'm not accepting the job.

snowman1980, mjd4277 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.