Yellow Freight closure thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ColoradoLinehaul, Jun 26, 2023.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes, they still do.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    There are a lot of former Union drivers who for one reason or another went to work for non union companies. I am one of those and work absolutely no differently today than when I was represented by the Teamsters. Even companies that are openly anti union such as WalMart see the value in hiring a 30 year safe driver who may have been a Teamster at his last job. Walmart and numerous other really good carriers have many former Teamsters driving for them. If a company didn’t want me only because I had worked previously the best job I could find at the time that happened to have a Unionized workforce, I wouldn’t want to work there anyway. A large percentage of the owner operators at the carrier I lease to are former Teamsters. We willingly went to work for a non union carrier and we are there to make money, not organize or drag our feet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  4. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    15+ years non union driving and 10 years union, I haven't changed how I work. I have seen lazy in non union jobs and union.

Speed_Drums, dwells40, Siinman and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Not all Union People are the same no doubt about that. But the outside people looking at just an application will have the same thought process I wrote about. Now if you get to an interview then that will go out the window since you can be upfront and ask and be told how you will perform. My stance was more from a hiring process stand point.

6. celticdriver23

celticdriver23 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023
    I’ve always been on the fence about the idea of being in a union. Maybe I’m just salty about the job market, but the number of Yellow drivers I’ve spoken to that were in Teamsters and spent almost 40 years with the company but still don’t have the funds to retire leaves me baffled. Like seriously, dudes have driven there since the 80’s and are still needing to find work after 36 years with one company…..what was the point of being in a union?

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yesterday in dalton ga I noticed 2 yrc trailers sitting at a carpet mill ...this morning coming thru Chattanooga saw a towing company pulling a yrc trailer .

8. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Lets see
    Big House
    Camper
    Motorcycle
    New pickup
    ATVs
    Boat
    A couple of EX wives
    Booze
    Beer
    Kids
    Life in general pretty well covers it.

Opus, road_runner, plynnjr92 and 4 others Thank this.
  9. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Fun little tidbit about the further fallout from yellow, all of their trailers and co-signed freight is predictably making its way through the chain, my buddy at Walmart was blessed with a fresh mess of a load which is dispatcher called “a few tires from Michelin, that needed to go back to the DC.”

see the attached for the “few tires.”
    It was a sealed trailer, he did mention that it felt heavy for a few tires.

He got to the receiver, and they told him they weren’t unloading that.

When I saw the pictures I started laughing my ### off, and didn’t blame the Michelin guys for rejecting it, or the yellow guys for just saying #### it.

Attached Files:

10. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I was going to add something about the union discussion, but then this popped up on my Yellow Facebook feed.

Apparently someone is not done flogging this dead horse to a pulp.

Unbelievable.

plynnjr92, bzinger, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  11. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    #### Jack Cooper.

Garbage ### company, putting their drivers in nearly 30 year old equipment, and then getting pissed when the driver shops the truck every week.

But they have money to buy another defunct company.

####in Jack Cooper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.