You Be The Judge

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by scottied67, May 1, 2017.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    So if a trucker hits another truck and there is no damage, does that qualify as an 'accident'? You be the judge.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The herd needs to culled period. That's an IC too????? I'd absolutely report it. Those hinged might be tweaked now.

If he parks where it's easy he would have to waddle his fat ### across the lot.

DTP, bzinger, Joetro and 6 others Thank this.
  4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    No harm, no foul. You asked the other driver if he needed to make a report, and he said no. I would leave it at that.

tinytim, noluck, Lepton1 and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    How can anybody watch a 12 minute video of a guy parking, bumping and hitting?

6. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    "Can you pull forward, or are you out of hours?"

Stinkin' ELOGS.

7. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    See, positive proof Elogs cause accidents! lol

Lepton1, Mr Ed, BigTennOTR and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    What was he doing in the sleeper when you walked up to the passenger window?

Lepton1, noluck and AtticusRoad Thank this.
  9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Don't you think you should have waken the Tribe driver up before you decided to play traffic director? Let him and the swift driver handle it accordingly. If I was the tribe driver I would have wanted to take pictures before the idiot in the Swift truck moved damage or no damage.

And then your commentary claiming he was in the sleeper "taking a hit" or "taking a bump" when you walked up. Ignorance.

That camera of yours again, keep sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, only a matter of time before it bites you.

Smut, DTP, Woodys and 8 others Thank this.
  10. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Award winning drivers....yeah, Darwin Award. Does Swift have a part of the skills test to measure ones common sense, or do they just see that as a big waste of time? Just think...this guy is rolling next to us on the highways and worse...he's parking at the same truck stops we do.

To answer the question. Yes, this is a preventable accident. I probably wouldn't make a big deal of it, but after watching the video...I'd be fuming over the level of ignorance here. Really man, there's no excuse for this.(and it's on his sight side to boot!)

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Dave_in_AZ, mhyn and scottied67 Thank this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    There was a ton of time for Tribe to have gotten out to survey the situation. Since he didn't get out it appeared he may have been in the shower. But we know he was in the sleeper according to the video. These kind of bumps happen every night all across North America at truck stops. Usually when one trailer backs into another parked trailer by mistake. No damage and no one reports it. The only difference here, the front of his trailer touched the back of Tribe. I don't think it was out of line to offer to help the guy back out of it. The incident was already video taped and I offered Tribe a copy of the footage.

It is just my opinion. I'm allowed that.

This incident was going to happen whether I videotaped it or not. It's not about me. It's about seeing something that anyone walking by would have seen, difference is the incident was recorded. You mark my words within 5 years these body cameras will be all the rage and everyone will have one recording stuff all the time. I'm just at the tip of the spear on this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.