You Be The Judge

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by scottied67, May 1, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Our pitty caught a baby raccoon last spring (fall? idk.) and shook it so bad, but wouldn't finish it off....... the poor thing was suffering and gonna die anyway... i had to drag out the .22 and finish him off. I felt bad, but at that point, it was all that was left to do. I was actually p.o.'ed at the ##### dog for not finishing what he started. He's a pansy for a pitty, LoOL. Ya gotta do what you gotta do. If I were maimed THAT bad; I'd want finished off, too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Back when I was just a wee U.S. Marine of 18 years old fresh out of boot camp, walking back to base from a night of partying, I see this group of boys gathered around a huge possum that had been hit by a car and was suffering. They said since I was a Marine I should be the one to kill it lol. So I got a big rock and repeatedly bashed it til it was dead, those boys were in shock.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Once my dog discovered what blood tasted like there was no turning back. She got along with other dogs OK but if they wanted to start a fight, she would finish it with blood instinct.

G13Tomcat and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Why not your weapon???? j/w..

6. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I left out a detail, I was out in town walking back to base in jeans and tshirt.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Some years ago it was pissing rain at 10PM, the kind that makes it go sideways all dark in a Terrel Texas construction east of Dallas. I had been in the middle lane. Cars lined solid on the right and pickuptrucks lined solid on the left as they do in Texas at 90 mph. Im on the governor at 73 in a borrowed shop truck (More on that later)

100 feet and 3 seconds from impact I had a Lab roaming back and forth in my lane trapped by the cars on the right and small pickups on the left, all doing 90 plus. Im actually the river rock in the middle holding the little speeders up in the rain.

I had time to make three choices. Pick one. The one I ended up picking was not on that list. Jogged the wheel a smidgen for a dead center hit hoping he will get it clean kill without suffering on my front end. Unfortunately that KW 600 had a rubberized bumper unlike my normal FLD and bounced it past the oil pan into my drive shaft with a yelp. The final drives and trailer wheels finished the butcher.

I had blood in clouds off all of my wheels for the next 30 miles. It took about a 1/3 of a mile for ALL of the speeding traffic to clear away from me once they realized what was hitting them.

It's one of many animal kills over the years. But that one was the worst what with it's collar, tag and all. I could not turn that shop truck in fast enough. It had bad spirits, not that I worry about that heebie jeebie stuff. It's silly. But that truck was not one I would want anymore. It's a shame, it was a nice oldie.

G13Tomcat and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I was going to tell them what for. When you're a Marine walking with civilians, chances are that you dont have a weapon on you.

Joab Rynere, G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    This article appears to sum things up,

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...hunt-exotic-african-animals-just-go-to-texas/

x1Heavy and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    mjd4277, dca and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I remember that. Owner wigs out and decided to turn all his animals loose before he committed suicide in a blaze of glory. He definitely didn't go out quietly. I've passed thru Zanesville,Ohio many times on I-70,and you would've never known that some crazy stuff went on there.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.