You're Just Kidding.........Right?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Injun, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Like pee in a wee cup?

It seems I am selected for a 'random' test every 6-8 weeks or so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Might be the message was sent out to certain drivers by terminal and the kibosh was put on it before all terminals got it.

4. neal79

neal79 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Chicago,IL
    Is this the silly survey about the kiosks I just saw when I logged on here at Gary tonight? If so what a joke, questions are along the lines of what terminal has the best and worst kiosks. I nominated Decatur for worst because 2 days ago I was there and not one out of the 3 was working. Personally the new all touch screen ones all suck because no one keeps the screen calibrated and so its impossible to type and scroll.

Injun Thanks this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Hmmm wonder if system was compromised from outside (hacker) and company quickly shut down servers to get it off the system.

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The message came across my screen addressed To All Company Drivers- please complete the Swift Net Promoter Survey and Winter Power Point Presentation either on the kiosk or your personal computer at Swift University by the end of the month if at all possible.

I was at PacNW BFE the other day and logged onto the kiosk just fine and saw the survey. One of the questions really annoyed me so I stepped off the mat lol. It was something to the affect of-
    Do you drive past a terminal to scan your paperwork at a truckstop? Why?- How bout because I don't want to lose my empty trailer for one. The showers at the truck stop are semi-clean and offer towels that I can throw on the floors while getting dressed and shelves/boxes/hooks to put my stuff on as opposed to a single chair where my stuff might fall on the creepy terminal tile floor.

I can't imagine them putting someone on a safety hold for not participating in a survey. OOIDA would be all over it.

Speaking of safety holds, I keep getting placed on it for missing logs from way back in February. I thought the carrier only needs to hold a driver's past 6 months worth of logs, it's been longer than that I should not still be getting hit up for that....

inkeper Thanks this.
  7. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    That multi day off log, eh, Scottie?

How about just fill out a sheet for each day and be done with it?

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

Yes, I did that, months ago. Took them to Phoenix Safety for review, they find nothing wrong with them but the computer kicks them out nonetheless.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    I thought that was every terminal that happens. It seems every terminal i stop in the scanners never seem to be working. I try them once-they dont work--i just move on..:biggrin_25523:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    Exact reasons why I avoided terminals as much as I could. Unless I really needed a shower and didn't have any banked on my TS cards or had Swift biz to take care of.

Well said!

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    This sounds somewhat familiar. I'm going to guess all your tests are clean, right? Like I've said before, it's never "random", but it sure looks good on paper for insuring purposes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.