Youtuber Follies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by merv85, Mar 22, 2023.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Exactly right.

cke, CAXPT and kylefitzy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    The worst part of it, she probably thinks she is proving that women can drive a truck. "Girl power" you know? But the truth is that she is an example of why someone wouldnt want to hire a woman, shes got no #### clue, what happens 10 years down the road when she cant get someone to do the work for her?

TripleSix and Blue jeans Thank this.
  4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Has nothing to do with man or woman. I have worked with lady’s that could and did run circles around most guys. And I have worked with “experience” male coworkers who have lost basic flatbed loads getting on the highway.

A person is either trained right and understands how to do the job, or they don’t.

5. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    I agree with you on that, theres plenty of ladies out there that get the job done as well as any man. The ones that bother me are the ones who expect everyone else to do their job for them and have no clue how bad they look. She started out at a trailer dealership and knew she was loading at 66 foot, would you think you want to make sure youve got the rest of the equipment to do the job before you get there to load? She had to get a tow truck to bring her more equipment, just unprofessional. I wonder how accommodating those cops wouldve been if it was an equally unskilled man behind the wheel?
    Atleast drop the loaded trailer at the shipper and bobtail to Tractor Supply, Runnings, etc to grab a few 2 inch straps to finish securing.

alds, Blue jeans, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I agree...over the years I have met a fair number of women drivers and many of them are as good or better than a lot of male drivers for 2 reasons, one, they don't have the billy bad ### hormone a.k.a. testosterone. And two, they many times pay better attention to the small stuff and don't make the dumb mistakes us guys do because when we do it, other male drivers would just forget about it or ask if we need a hand, but if a woman driver makes the same mistake then certain male drivers would be like ''stupid woman driver, you need to learn how to drive!!!!"

alds, Just passing by and CAXPT Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I wouldn't say that. Im not defending her by any means but to say she cant do the job because she is a woman is completely disrespectful and just plain ignorant. There is plenty of women in the open deck world that have a ton of knowledge.. This girl is young and learning. And posting her mistakes for all to see. Its easy to make fun of inexperienced drivers. But i commend her for doing the job and sticking with it. Open deck is not easy. Its a constant learning experience everyday.

alds, Just passing by, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  8. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Please read your own cite, carefully. This is a layered load, and although it is not dressed lumber, it is 'other materials of similar shape' meaning it applies in this case and the general securement rules also apply.
    Let's also not forget, that since she has load levellers, prudence would suggest securing the first level at least in 2-3 places to put direct pressure on the lower level to the deck near the levellers to stabilize them as a platform that the other tiers were going to be secured on top of.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    merv85 Thanks this.
  9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Io
    securing the load with gut straps is a good idea. I still don’t agree that DOT would apply cargo specific regulations for dressed lumber to 66’ long steel conveyors. Just my opinion.

similar loads I’ve hauled, should I have applied the building material regs to these? 6F45B157-785D-4FC2-A5A1-5BD9A3CA2C50.jpeg CA2836D8-B655-4353-9DF6-AD5935AE28DC.jpeg

10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Best part of the video was towards the end when she finally measured the load and she mentioned she needed to measure the trailer to see if she had a 48’ or a 53’ cause she wasn't sure. Lol!

mc8541ss, Blue jeans, merv85 and 4 others Thank this.
  11. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    :rolleyes:

CAXPT, SmallPackage and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.