love's ... wtf?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MM3Deg, Oct 10, 2015.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Gotta say too that Love's did give me a couple free showers over the years. Once in Corning(?) CA when they took over from the J there I went in and the manager gave me the keys to a shower because of the transition, everyone thought it was a J.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Pretty much all of them in Oklahoma on 40 suck, except for maybe Hinton. All of them in Texas on 40 suck, and Gallup, NM is probably the lousiest one in the country. If you find a newer location like Williams, AZ or Lake Havasu they're nice though...

4. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I loved Loves, their point system is the best as it bought ALL my meals, drinks, showers, cb and satellite radio. I never spent a penny on the road. They all have their good and bad ones, to broad brush is not using intellect, just emotions.

5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    The only good thing about a Loves or Pilot is that they could do away with all of them and just leave the parking lot for parking. LMAO.

OJTTrucker and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Being on a dedicated route I utilize Pilot/Flying J's due to the fact I can get in, fuel, and be back out in 10-15 minutes. That's just the way my stops are located on my route.

HOWEVER Loves points program is very generous. I have forgot the levels but last year when I was fueling exclusively at Loves I was earning just shy of $50 dollars in points per month. I bought TWO new GPS units, a dash cam and still had points left.

They have been aggressively expanding for a few years now. I fill in for other drivers out of my terminal when they go on vacation. Every trip out east or west I always see a few new Loves that had popped up from scratch since my last trip out that particular way.

7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    The problem with these truckstops are the size, no restaurant, small showers, crappy coffee, and the parking lots are to small for the amount of trucks that need parking. Especially in certain areas of the country.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    All the major truck stops have a points system, and free shower program. I have vary rarely been in any truckstop where i was there more than 20 minutes to fuel. Granted there are some areas where T/S are far and few between, so there may be a line to get too the fuel islands. One major issue is the drivers who fuel, pull forward, and go inside to shop, use bathroom, or just screw around, thus , blocking our way out to leave.

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    You mean that wonderful frontage road detour they had in place for the east bound traffic getting back onto I 40? That was a real joy... Especially in pitch black darkness combined with rain. That had me swearing bloody revenge against whoever was in charge of that construction.

10. Lowtide

Lowtide Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2015
    You can still fuel on that lane without doing tire pass , at least that's what I've been doing if it's open.

11. Lowtide

Lowtide Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I had the pumps shut off just shy of 50 at a TA in NY, near Binghamton I think, I went in to dispute but the driver Behind me in line offered me one of his shower credits

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.