XPO logistics and Coyote logistics good or bad ?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Not_Here_Long, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Several of the brokers that I dealt with have been absorbed/bought by XPO or Coyote logistics.
    Anyone here have much personal experience with either ?
    My experience with coyote so far has been less than pleasing. Seems like they will order more trucks for loads than are needed just to get someone there quickly.they did pay a TONU but I turned down loads to get that and only got 125 dollars instead.
    XPO not as sure of yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    XPO bought the o/o only carrier where I was leased for 3 years. I know the new office manager is a clown, and all the drivers I know from there left. Pacer has lost accounts left and right. Is it because of XPO? I don't know, but I won't go back.

4. Not_Here_Long

Sep 7, 2015
    So far looks like they both want to be the next CHR and operate like TQL. Past several months brokers in general seem to have forgotten how to operate. Rates have dropped below LOW to SUB low they claim it's fuel prices but I can't see how a 25 cent decrease in per mile fuel cost can equal a dollar a mile less than what the rates were a year ago. Plus these states are using the low prices to increase fuel taxes without it being noticed much.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I have used Coyote Logistics for several loads over the past year. They seem to be honest and easy to deal with. They pay on time and don't hassle you during the trip. Plus the loads are profitable for my company. I use one particular agent with Coyote and we are on his first call list for freight certain freight leaving Florida.

6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    If I remember correctly UPS just bought out Coyote with in the last 30 days. UPS will make Coyote better IMO

ComplyFly Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I can see excess UPS holiday freight being brokered out to outside carriers thru Coyote in the future. I bet it's cheaper to broker the freight to non-union carriers than paying overtime or extra miles to union UPS fleet drivers...just my opinion.

My company uses Coyote. Some drivers here don't care for them, but they have always been pleasant and professional. Plus their SMS msg dispatch system works way better than anything else I've seen. More brokers should run that system.

XPO buying out Conway may just be a way to cut out the middle man. XPO brokers the load, dispatches a company truck to handle the load. No broker fee, they get the freight moved at a price they can make money at, assuming they run the trucking business right.

8. sajprus

sajprus Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2015

You can't avoid XPO even if you want to. They bought too many companies and are growing stronger. They are good, they pay good when they need a truck. If they don't, you won't even see their loads posted.

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Typical POS broker. I had one load where they kept calling me and asking me if I picked the load up yet, well after I had already called in my info from the shipper.

10. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I never hauled a load for Coyote, because they never offer a good rate. Xpo was alright.

11. Not_Here_Long

Sep 7, 2015
    Coyote only calls on a customer I used to do direct hauling for. The customer was slow paying and sucked as all their loads paid light and required lots of extras.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.