An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    For what it’s worth, and I’ll do my best to explain, I’ve been dealing with that nagging check engine light on my 2020 anthem for well over a month now, and based on what our mechanic says it stems from an issue they’ve been having with a fuel rail pressure sensor on these MP motors. Basically they’ve all been failing and based on shortages, they’re deleting the sensor and most likely didn’t re flash my ECU, so now in the process of a regen it’s throwing a code because this sensor is no longer there but the computer is expecting it to be there and in turn throws a code about every two days, that will eventually clear but always come back. It’s going in the shop next Friday to hopefully have the issue resolved.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I’m glad my company doesn’t disable our idle. It’s not a matter of “if” it’s a matter of “when” an APU unit will fail. Idling a DPF truck on a regular basis is a recipe for disaster but a few nights when needed won’t hurt anything.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I worked at Moore, our Anthems regularly had the yellow engine light on...it was on so often that we referred to it as our engine shaped night light. The Pinnacle I had would have it come on less frequently, which is odd because the Pinnacle and the Anthems had the exact same engine and transmission and the same ECU. The one time I ignored the night light for a while, expecting it to clear itself ended up being an intake temp sensor. When I did finally take it to Mack to get it fixed, the head tech questioned why I waited so long, I told him that it usually clears after a short time, and that our trucks had them come on so often that we simply felt that it was Macks way of telling the driver that the engine hadn't fallen out on the ground. Since the Anthems we had were such pieces of crap, that parts were always coming loose or breaking, and we needed to be reminded that the engine was still attached. He was not amused.

The Maxxfarce Internationals at Crete were the same way. The amber engine lights came on and went off so often, we just relied on the red engine "stop now" light instead.

This problem with my KW is believed to be the DEF injector not injecting the proper amount of DEF into the after treatment system. We will know on Monday if that diagnosis is correct, or if I am down for another day.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    At $5+ a gallon for fuel...it would have been cheaper to put me in a hotel rather than let me idle an engine that has an emissions issue that may result in a DPF soot issue...but part of the problem is the person who is usually in the breakdown office was off for a couple days, and the guy filling in made the decision NOT to put me in a hotel. Maybe the regular guy would have used better judgement, but either way, I get to be comfy. In a way it is better I get to stay in my truck. They had no problem letting me bobtail to a truck stop where there is a wide variety of food. The dealership was in an area where the only food choices were Denny's, Awful House or Hardee's. And I only eat Denny's when I want food poisoning or the trots...and one can only stand Awful House or Hardee's for so many meals before you consider starvation as a viable alternative.

6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    It also depends on what dealership companies buy their trucks. I know when have to go to the Fargo dealership we get right in.

Ralph4159 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    No code was thrown. Just the orange check engine light. And to be honest, I really didn't care. If I broke down, which has happened twice, I still was going to be paid. Whether it be overtime or straight time. I would just be irritated that a had a 53 mile drive to get home after I was dropped off to get into my pickup and drive home.

8. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Well for me, none. But I'm in a different situation than you are. You've stated that you couldn't do what I do because you would be bored. I get that. To each their own.

9. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Would that be the same temperature if you were in your own home?

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    No, we keep our house at or below 70°.

11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Wife does 75*. When I'm home it's 73* and 72* for sleeping.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.