Another thing added to list of what’s wrong in trucking.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by poongdool, Jul 31, 2021.

1. poongdool

poongdool Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Being lied to usually by brokers on your pickup/delivery appointment time. Anything that time is involved is so crucial for driver because of hos! I’m doing my best to manage my time but there are times you screw it up really because they(brokers) gave you the wrong info.

6wheeler, Trucker61016 and tscottme Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Brokers, planners, dispatchers...one constant in the universe is, most members of the trucking operations team would lie to their own mother to get a load covered.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Brokers lying to you? Wow, that’s not very friendly. Have you discussed your grievance with them? I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding.

5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    The worst is when you sit for hours at some truck stop waiting for your appointment time, then when you get there they say, “what took you so long? We been waiting all day for you.”

6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    This pees me off to no end.
    1pm appt time, say F it and show up at 11 if they have a problem idc I’ll park on a street near by and wait
    “You don’t have an appointment…..”
    I’m a work in?
    “No like we didn’t even know you were coming, if the forklift guy is here I’ll get you unloaded but if he’s not it could be a day or two”
    Al####ingrighty then

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    This is why you call the customer yourself. Then you’ll know exactly when your appointment is. Often, you’ll get lucky and get told to come on in.

When I was OTR I had a fairly regular load that delivered to Charlotte, NC on Sunday morning. I had a backhaul that picked up in Moorseville, NC on Monday Morning going back to Texas.

That sucked because it would put me in the middle of Atlanta traffic Monday. So I thought what the hell. I’ll call the pickup customer. Maybe I’ll get lucky. The one guy that works there on Sunday is the boss man. He said “Come on in now if you have your pickup number. One less truck we have to load tomorrow”.

From then on I always picked that load up Sunday morning and was parked on the west side of Atlanta by the afternoon sipping on a frozen margarita and watching the wormins in the Mexican joint.

8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I got two different deliveries in early this week thanks to two phone calls.

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I do it all of the time. Many times I am given the green light to show up early.

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    When I was active one of the most frustrating things was actually getting in touch with the customer. In a lot of cases, the actual customer might be 1000 or more miles away. In one situation I remember the customer was not even in the US. I could only contact through my company. Also, some finals only have a pre-recorded number with delivery instructions. It's a dang shame, but that's trucking!

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I always said, never wait in a truckstop. The chances of you getting loaded early in a truckstop are exactly 0. The chances of you getting loaded early at the shipper are about 80-90%; in my experience. Granted, one needs to be mindful of their 14, but if you have to wait too long, you can reset at the shipper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.