Another thing added to list of what’s wrong in trucking.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by poongdool, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It's not exactly 0, but close. I have sat many times in truckstops sipping coffee waiting on a local driver to bring me a load. I do understand the point. You are MUCH better off waiting at docks IF they will allow you to do so!

Trucker61016 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I have never had a problem getting loaded at the truck stop?
    Now waking up the next morning with a wicked hangover and making my appointment on time while trying not to puke on the dock boss that was problem !

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I've been at the dispatch window waiting my turn to do something. I heard the dispatcher blaming the driver for load being late. Problem was, she hadn't assigned the load to a driver. The whole industry seems to run on lies and the driver is a convenient excuse for everyone to blame. The shipper holds you until midnight and then tells the receiver his delivery is late because some lazy driver is playing video games or sleeping instead of getting from Cleveland to Atlanta by 6 am.

Speed_Drums and Gatordude Thank this.
  5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    “If we’re on time he takes the credit if we’re late I get the blame!” I thought it was always the trucks fault we were late...

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I know this topic is quite serious but sometimes as a driver from another country and almost another planet find it hilarious the way the warehouse staff treat you all on arrival to pick up freight. What ever happened to good old fashioned hospitality?

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I have seldom been treated poorly at shippers and receivers. Just sometimes have to deal with some not so bright individuals. Usually the rent a cops ( security guard services) that man the gate at some locations. I approach everybody with a good attitude and a bit of humor. Usually get the same in return.

8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Goes back to the old days when it was "just understood" that if you ordered a truck for early Tuesday morning, there would be someone there who knew about it and could and would handle. I hauled a lot of livestock, and most stockyards were accessible 24/7. But, when we hooked any other trailer; flat, grain, insulated... It was made clear that we arrived, we loaded, and we went.
    He called us, load us as soon as practical when we got there. Any dragging around and J.T. Garrard ignored your business.
    There are still many drivers(CO and O/O) who seem to get along just fine; do the job, get additional reasonable loads to haul.

Times have changed; due largely to the lack of integrity of personnel at shippers, brokers, and. agents...
    A lot of it can also be laid to the a large segment of our current drivers, the lazy,carless, slovenly dressed, with attitude...

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Because 99.9% of us don't trash the place, but the .1% think their mom is coming in behind them to clean up after them so they leave a total mess, just like they do at Walmart stores...so, like a lot of Walmarts, the shippers and receivers try to give the drivers little opportunity to trash the place. And they treat all 100% like we're the .1%. I have been to some warehouses lately where you don't have any human contact other than a guard behind glass that only comes out of their isolation chamber to hand you your signed bills once empty.

Trucker61016, bzinger and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas

Go to Schneider.
    Pick, Click, Go, No brokers.
    AAE4EAB8-1EE9-4B77-BC80-E7B90D03B452.gif

11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    X2. I deal with a lot of crappy places and always go in with a good attitude. I can count on 1 hand the places that didn't treat me like another human being. Attitude is everything

Dockbumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.