Anyone else have this fear?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Poonok, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I have been doing local dealer Transmission work for over twenty five years now.
    It’s a lot to keep up with with complicated training and equipment expenses.
    Honestly the trucking part for me is a walk in the park compared to my tranny shop and other businesses I run.
    I look forward to the solitude and not the business phone ringing every ten seconds when I hit the road.

nax and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    My fear has always been that i forgot to set the brakes. In 15 years now i have never once forgot, but i will unlock the door to climb up & check before i walk away. I can be in the sleeper for hours & i still have to go up front and re-check before i can go to bed. I drive myself absolutly nuts with it.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, i guess i just go to hate the customers always coming to me, and needed to get out. solitude has it's advantages.

Hulld and stillwurkin Thank this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I look at the Turbo 350 transmission, which was an extremely common transmission in the early days and they are so basic (and physically very small). I rolled under a brand new F150 the other day and that transmission is massive compared to those units of yesterday. When the TH350 was used, factory V8's only produced something like 160-200hp. Now we've got stock factory small blocks like the 5.7 Hemi, 5.0L Coyote and 5.3L GM Ecotec pushing near 400hp.

Hulld and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and yet, i seem to recall, many years ago, GM (cadillac division) was installing chevy chevette transmissions in them...a small powerglide....??

7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm more concerned that circus midgets will attack me while I sleep.o_O

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the politically correct vernacular is little people...or dwarfs, or Snow White's people.....

SteveScott Thanks this.
  9. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Lol i had a total mental break down one time becaise of this. I was training a realy bad trainee. He didnt listen for #### and you tell him to stop and he have to be told 3 times before he stop. So he pulled up into a spot to back into another spot behind him. I was in the passeger seat looking at his driver side mirror. There was truck that pulled in behind him. And there was truck that right next to him park. So i said stop n wait untill its clear to back. The truck rigjt next to us started to puol forward. It made it looked like we was backing up into the truck behind us. Yelled stop like 5 times and this guy just staring at me while backing or so i thoigjt he was backing lmao. He was pucking up speed like he wanted to ram the guy behind us... Nope it was the guy pulling faster lol.

10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Kickables.

buddyd157, SteveScott and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  11. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    yep, it will just stall out engine.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.