Bad economy? Need advice on how to find info

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by celticdriver23, Jul 3, 2023.

1. celticdriver23

celticdriver23 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2023
    Hello,

I’ve been lurking this website since about 2018. I have a CDL with my the X endorsement.
    I have applied to many companies but I wanted to know if anyone else has applied to Sherwin Williams? Looks like they do LTL work as a private fleet. My application was rejected without even an interview and I don’t know why. I do know of some other people that applied and some were made and offer and some got the same response as me.

Has anyone applied to Sherwin Williams in the past and gotten a response? They seem like one of the better LTL carriers since they carry their own products.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Sherwin Williams is a top of the pyramid employer. I'm sure they get far more applications than they have jobs and they seldom need to hire anyone without lots of experience and a perfect record. Maybe that is why they ignored your application.

celticdriver23 Thanks this.
  4. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    It’s LTL with an electric pallet jack; I’ve spoken to a few drivers in person because aaa cooper also hauls Sherman Williams “hot freight”. We’re faster than their logistics so they use us for expedited service.

the main issue with Sherman is their warehouses are typically in rural areas away from inner cities and they work your clock.

closest Sherman warehouse from my town in 3-hours away in the middle of nowhere.

seems like a good spot, but personally I don’t like working 70- hours.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    There was a thread here with a Sherwin driver but I can’t find it.

Detlef Thanks this.
  6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
  7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Pretty much most things they haul are Class 3 Flammable. If you have limited or no experience with hazmat, it wouldn't surprise me if they filed your application into a shredder.

Nothing personal. It's just for insurance reasons.

celticdriver23 and cuzzin it Thank this.
  8. celticdriver23

May 13, 2023
    Well that makes sense. Are most private fleets like that? Is Wal-Mart a top tier employer too?

9. celticdriver23

May 13, 2023
    I wish that I could find a concrete example of that. A couple of guys I know got hired never had hazmat in the past and their website says they give you time to get the hazmat.

Old_n_gray Thanks this.
  10. celticdriver23

May 13, 2023
    Okay. I thought for their OTR positions that you just needed to apply to the location where you want to park.

11. celticdriver23

May 13, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.