Bobtail parking ticket at walmart.. cop lied on ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by freightwipper, Nov 19, 2016.

1. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And basing the ticket cost on Easton, Pa fees rather than Lower Nazareth Twp's

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    14 pages - you guys are hilarious.

4. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    U have seen the Right Hand Turn thread?

This doesn't hold a candle to that!

5. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    You kidding me?
    So far there is 88 replies to
    How do I close a trailer door?

4mer trucker and KillingTime Thank this.
  6. DoneYourWay

DoneYourWay Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    recently had a convo with a California highway patrol officer because i wanted to Bobtail on I-580 near Oakland, CA and there are signs posted "no tractor/trailer" etc., he said this is about vehicle weight only and if i only was in the truck it was no problem, it is the trailers and cargo that weigh so much more and the pavement/parking areas are not rated for that, my gps squawked a lot because it assumed i was connected to a trailer but did not have any problems

i would get the WM manager to sign something that says it's ok for Bobtails to park there and fight the ticket, show judge pics of other Bobtails parking there, cop probably won't show up for hearing anyway

7. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    The guys preaching trip planning to those who park at Walmarts and similar spots are cute. Believe it or not some of our schedules have us starting later and thus running later, which means truck stop and rest area parking is clogged with solar powered drivers well before I'm ready to stop. Luckily majority of our receivers don't have a problem with overnight parking but occasionally they do and I have to improvise. Why is there an issue with that if they don't specifically prohibit parking and permission is obtained?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  8. black_dog106

black_dog106 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2009
    MA
    :banghead:

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The problem is, no one does the permission thing. They just park and ##### when they get chased off. Heck, I used to park in a mall shopping center when I delivered to one customer. I called and asked first though and they directed me to a single lot they have no problem with trucks parking at. All other lots no, but if there was space there in the back it was fine.

10. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Ok...in the interest of keeping the thread alive, there is one aspect that hasn't been analyzed thoroughly. :D

How is "overnight" defined exactly? When does that begin and end? Does it start at sundown, midnight, or some other arbitrary time? Does it end at sunrise, thirty minutes after, etc? If we are going to dig down in the weeds, we may as well explore every possible defense and explanation...:p

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    We used to be able to park anywhere we wanted. Then truck drivers got the idea to dump their trash and pee bottles right on the ground and drive off.

Getting truck drivers to stop that bad behavior has about as much chance and stopping drivers from flashing their brights on the interstate when you pass them.

izifaddag Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.