Boycott TA

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 18wheel.atm, Dec 31, 2017.

Boycott TA

Poll closed Jan 7, 2018.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I used to hate trying to find a parking spot after 3pm... Now I drive a daycab and smile when I get fuel and head to the terminal to park the truck until the next day. It's like a third world country that OTR drivers live in.

LtlAnonymous and 06driver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    The title talks about parking at the TA and of course the issue turns to E-logs. Here is a solution for all you knuckle draggers that blame everyone for your lack of productive 14 hours. Have your company pay you a living wage, work LESS than 14 hours a day, set appointment times to reflect the ACTUAL load being delivered. These things are accomplished in every area of society except trucking. They will continue this process because you keep applying for positions. Is there an answer to solve this? NOPE. Find your place in this business or MOVE ON.

LtlAnonymous, 06driver and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Dallas T/A blows!!!!! My company stopped using Speedco after Love's bought them and jacked up the price of an oil change thru the roof. We are allowed to use T/A-Petro, Goodyear and Peelot if we can't get to one of our shops if we go over out oil change miles. After 8 hours of waiting I said screw it(and I was number 5 in line for one of the 3 service pits). 8 freekin hours, what are the half-tards doing, drilling an oil well so we get the freshest oil possible?

5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ta is retarded.
    Everything looks like an old Western town.
    Nothing works.
    Ice machine gives out little turds that melt before you can get back to your truck.
    Transflow is buried at the fuel desk,a days walk from your parking space.
    Scanner rarely works.
    500 parking spaces,3 washers,and 2 are broke.
    Getting a shower at their space invader kiosk sucks.
    Iron stomach restaurant sucks.
    Bunch of scam jewelry machines and massive sit down games like deer hunter?really?
    :tongue3:
    Ta just sucks!
    :pottytrain4::pottytrain5::pottytrain3::boxing::bootyshake:

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I tend to prefer TAs. Their app is more intuitive and useful than pilot's and Loves by a mile. They all seem to have restaurants instead of ####ing subway or McDonald's. Their parking lots are nearly always in good shape and decently sized. There's a few good reasons, though the fuel rewards could use work, and you should be able to earn multiple showers.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I don't stop there often and when I do,nothing works.
    Frustrating after a long shift,transflo doesn't work,washers are broken,old nasty food at the restaurant..wouldn't feed it to my dog.
    Just a bad experience every time.

8. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013

I think you might be exagerating just a bit. There are 10 TA's in Ohio. TA-London has half of it's parking spaces designated as reserved (69 free/69 reserved) . None of the others have that high a ratio and most don't even come close.

As of 03/01/18:

TA-Dayton 174/24
    TA-Jeffersonville 82/62
    TA-Wapokoneta 135/5
    TA-London 69/69
    TA-Hebron 80/50
    TA-Toledo 163/14
    TA-Lodi 187/50
    TA-Canton 59/26
    TA-Youngstown 145/14
    TA-Kingsville 144/14

9. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    TA's look like something out of a bygone era ... i don't stop at them unless there is no other
    choice

10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That's what I love about being home every day. I stop at TA for their bathrooms and coffee, and that's about it.

11. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    This is changing over time. I am currently at the TA in Cartersville, GA, and I would be very surprised if 60% of their parking is not paid. It's definitely more than 50%. And the price is on a sliding scale, getting more expensive as it gets later in the day.

TA in Antioch, TN, might be as much as 80% paid parking now. A few months ago, when I was there last, it was maybe 15% paid parking.

Capitalism can be painful sometimes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.