CDL school graduate but no cdl

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by paccarmike, Oct 30, 2019.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    so you have now gone nearly 6 months, and have not found the time to go back to that school..??

the pre-trip (in most instances) only requires you to pass a certain percentage..i strongly suggest you go over the pre-trip either by yourself or with another student.

the only thing an instructor will do is ask if you missed something, he ain't gonna stand there all day, when he's got other students backing up or on the road.

try this all over again, and real soon, winter is coming (or here) in many areas. you want to get that CDL and get started, or in the worse case scenario, any company you go to will make you go back to school for a refresher, you wanna go thru this again.???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Sounds like the school he attended isn’t a 3rd party tester for the dmv/bmv, so him graduating is them saying he completed everything to the schools standards and now he’s an official graduate. A student doesn’t have to actually receive a CDL in order to grad, just do the minimum to keep up. It’s a somewhat shady way for the school to have a high success rate on paper but also gets rid of challenging students at the same time. ( I’ve seen this happen more than a few times, said student still owes sky high tuition w/ interest as well )

paccarmike Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, but according to the o/p, he has 2 more times he can go back to the school...so why after 6 months, he hasn't done so.??

i cannot see any valid reason to not pursue his time allowed him to go back. there could even be a "cut off time" that he has, to go back, and if he goes past that...then what..????

Hazmat Cat Thanks this.
  5. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Well absolutely he should have stayed on top of it if this is truly a career he wants. 6 months is a long time to be away from all that new knowledge he was taught. No idea what he’s been up to, and if he approached the school today they might respond with a “who are you?!” As they’ve probably pumped out 100 new grads since April.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

I agree I don't see how a person can say they graduate but failed the first portion before they let you even in the truck, motivated meaning your broke was always enough for me to know what I needed and I have picked up a few trades mind you. The part however people assume its all easy, that however, it is complacency including being a truck driver nothing is ever simple in the workplace you may act like it but only takes a sec for you world to be turn upside down by a dumbarse driver and a complacent driver.

Case and point I have known mechanics who knew everything about a truck how put everything together from ground up some reason because they didn't know a certain phase they failed the pretrip. I am sorry but there way or the highway bit behind the times because they all know how to read the stuff from a book but even items he was unsure on exact name he described what they did. anyways it's really just being obtuse about reading in the lines of a clipboard but without it I could guarantee they would be still dumber than a doorknob.

paccarmike and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Well I suppose since the OP posted a few times back in April about being in school and than just disappeared for 6 months came back posted this post and is gone again. We will have to wait 6 months for his return.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    well that's how it goes you know one min your driving in a 45-hour run next you know takes you 6 months later to finish I guess if that's what truckers call what he calls finish schooling nowadays.

9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Lots of YouTube videos helping you practice pre trip. Watch and learn and practice.

that’s what I did.

10. HollyRoller

HollyRoller Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Bro, you better get on it soon, this February rules are all changing up getting a new Cdl will be even more difficult so don’t put it off. There are a ton of excellent pre trip stuff on YouTube. Apex has the best IMO, watch it over and over until you have it memorize it. You’ll laugh at yourself after you pass it.

11. HollyRoller

HollyRoller Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Yup, I went through 2 different so called schools, 3rd one was legit and where I learned. So many shady af Cdl schools out there.

Dreazz75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.