CFI is not as good a company as they think they are.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Doggnczy, Apr 28, 2019.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Just keep working and keep quiet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doggnczy

Doggnczy Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Bull
    ########. NO company I ever worked for fired me 1500 miles away from home while I was parked in a gravel lot with nothing in sight and then offered me no help getting me and my belonging home. And did it over the phone. That's why I took their truck from Charlotte NC to Memphis TN. I told them put fuel in or I will leave it where ever it runs out. But I wasn't leaving that truck in NC. Going to the bus without my stuff or my dog, who by the way is my service dog, Thank You very much. In Memphis I was able to meet my husband, he drove from Iowa to get me. My husband who is suffering from mouth cancer and should never been expected to make that drive. CFI saftey are ex cop bullies who hate dogs and don't give a shot for the human beings driving their nasty trucks. Oh and I've never been put in a dirty apartment or a dirty truck. Most everyone I have drove for have the trucks cleaned at least minimally before the assign them to New drivers.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  4. Doggnczy

Doggnczy Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2014
    So very true. I always disinfect. I have a GREAT company to be with now. So I just want to agree with you. I'm happy with who I drive for now so CFI did me a favor really.

5. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    I only speak for me i LOVE CFI BEEN HERE 12 YRS NOT ALWAYS PERFECT BUT ALWAYS DO ME RIGHT AND MY FAMILY

Need4Speed and nonsense007 Thank this.
  6. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2019
    OK please do not dog me for fetching this old post. I suffered thru 11 pages of dog jokes and still have not heard why CFI is bad other than an excop in safety and a dismissal from yellow light runs. What I have learned so far is if your truck is alongside the turn lanes when the light turns yellow run on thru. Otherwise we are supposed to be professional and k b ow how to see the lights will be changing and be ready to stop.

All the discussions of they hate me because is not from a mature professional. They have to pay the insurance so I have to drive by their rules.

If there are any CFI current or recently left drivers I would love to learn more on how I can max my loads and keep the wheels turning. I find out this week if I got the spot out of Joplin.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  7. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    what level of exp do you have?

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  8. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2019

I am graduating in a couple weeks. Pushing 58 but I drove a long time ago. I am on hold with a recruiter, but I also know 4 recent hires were dropped 2 for failing drive test there one failed first try at dmv. I will know by end of week if I got this spot. I already have everything but 160 hours and the road test.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    I started with them out of school....topped out in pay after a yr...the tech call center is a joke.....never enough miles even when you stay out like I did for months at a time

GrumpyJoe Thanks this.
  10. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    FCC is a nice change. i seem to go to the same places as i did at CFI.

Need4Speed and GrumpyJoe Thank this.
  11. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Love dogs but I understand the no dog policy in the office or shop. My rottweiler was well mannered but not all dogs are. Just one pissing on a desk or toolbox and every other dog will want to mark that spot too. Rottweilers don't leave puddles the leave splash pools.

No frig and no APU is a no go for me. They expect you to live out of the truck so they should give you the means to do it. At least if they value their drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.