Con-Way Truckload Drivers: What's Your 20? (2014 edition)

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by double yellow, Feb 18, 2014.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Dallas yard for 34... Then come Sunday it's back on rooster time picking up in Lewisville Texas going to St Louis

Rumor has it that Keeker is doing a 34 also and she's installing a new dance floor and a disco ball in that big new 680 of hers...

paul_4lp and Cw5110 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Not only am I the most respected trucker I'm also in charge of rumor control...

So I keep some Windex and paper towels in my side box for doing the mirrors and windows... I decided to do that yesterday morning and I bring down both sets of glasses, my regular ones and my sunglasses...

I give them a good washing, put on the sunglasses and put the regular ones up on top of my head

I look up to the first mirror to clean it and the regular glasses slide right back off of my shiny dome... The lenses are ruined...

Gotta try to relay this load off in Joplin and.... Go see an eye doctor and get a new script, and then get some glasses ordered... Then I'll come back through and pick them up when they're ready...

So much for respect you big dope

CargoWahgo, paul_4lp and Cw5110 Thank this.
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Oh, I don't drive for CFI but I like to follow this thread. I was just seeking for information with you since you are an actual driver of CFI and I am looking for companies that don't have inward cameras installed. Con-way used to have but I would like to know if CFI was keeping the same practice.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    Rooster. I never really wanted to be a target. I kinda never understood the whole placarding a semi with explosives that some random person could just blow up with an RPG. But Landstar requires it so I have no choice.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  6. Keeker

Keeker Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Haha no disco ball or 34.....heading for West Memphis tonight for free parking, shower and laundry. Thanks for heads up on I-40 thru AR. Take a Brillo pad to those lenses!

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  7. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Did you switch to Landstar?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Thanks for the tip on the glasses...I just googled it and it said toothpaste...who knew? I am going to try it and if it doesn't work, I am going to find a Walmart around here where I can bobtail to the optometrist. That will save a stop in Joplin and I can keep the load.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    You don't carry an extra pair?

RoadRooster and paul_4lp Thank this.
  10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Probably as soon as Heartland took over Interstate.

RoadRooster and paul_4lp Thank this.
  11. CMBreen

CMBreen Heavy Load Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Midwest City,OK
    HOWDY HOWDY !!! Hope everyone is doing good, just dropped in to say HI :):) Rooster hope you're staying out of trouble LOL Cargo you too, hows the cat ?? LOL

CargoWahgo, RoadRooster and paul_4lp Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.