CRETE - A Year in Review

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by evertruckerr, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I have a good friend who went the lap band route. You're required to attend weekly meetings for x amount of time in order to have the surgery. Usually 90% just quit coming to the meetings. It's a drastic step and just knowing someone with one could change your ways.

Thanks for sharing all this Joe. I'm 36 and pretty much eat anything available. Only managed to gain 20 pounds over the last decade of driving. But I do tend to get tired easier than I used to and I know I'm running on borrowed time. Reading stories like yours and actually seeing people daily that just don't give a hoot really has me thinking ahead. Best of luck with everything.

stungjoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    That's pretty good! I have put on nearly 60 in the two and a half years I have been back in the states...haha I'm fatty fatty 2X4.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Gonna drop around 07:00 tomorrow morning in Dallas and then head to Wilmer and check in with the shop. I need my initial A-service on this new truck. Any chance they'd get to it and done by 06:00 Tuesday? That is all the truck needs.

5. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I guess it had to happen. Left my enforcer lock on a trailer I dropped at a Walmart. Bobtailed back from the truckstop 10 miles away and got it before they had moved it. Whewww

6. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I'm always worried about that. haven't done it yet, but it's a matter of time.

Astoh Thanks this.
  7. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    I had to go back to Dwight and Church there in MO the next day. Luckily they hadn't gotten to my dropped trlr yet. The lady was really nice at the gate and let me in.

Astoh Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    A friend of my wife went the gastric bypass route (where the literally bypass your stomache). The 1st 6 week-2 months all she could eat was a small jar of baby food, and 1 at a time. She has lost a ton of weight, but I think the band procedure would have been better...I couldn't imagine eating like she had to do.

stungjoe and jdrentzjr Thank this.
  9. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    I've done it 3 times, and all 3 times I didn't have your luck, so I'm on my 4th lock.

Astoh Thanks this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I'm doing the weight-loss thing too, necessitated by a bad A1C reading the end of July. I've cut my bread in half (no more sandwiches on bread in the evening...lettuce leaves instead), do not eat red meat on the road (and seldom at home), and just cutting the amount of food I stuff into my face. I also totally cut out my traditional afternoon snack, which was something sweet. It's amazing how the threat of diabetes can change your behavior. I've been trying to lose weight for years, but this hit me upside the head with a force I hadn't experienced. I'm down from 270 to 237 with the goal of 175. Trying to walk more, too.

After a hometime week, I tallied 3316 last week. This week doesn't appear to be as promising, but it's still early. My truck may be needing a DPF service too. Had to do a parked regen for the first time ever in this truck this morning.

jdrentzjr and stungjoe Thank this.
  11. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    SSB, my sister and mom both had the by-pass. It's not really that bad as far as how much you can eat. My bro-N-law eats about the same portions as my sister and he's always been slim. Some people just eat like that normally.

48Packard, man that's an awesome job! Keep up the good work. A friend of mine had the sleeve because his doctor gave him an ultimatum; lose weight or you'll be dead way before your time. It woke him up.

Well my surgery is tomorrow. One protein drink today and then only water :( For the next week after surgery is clear liquids only. Then I get to add creamy soups to my diet....yummmm

Bumper, xlsdraw and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.