Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Yes, there are accounts with more frequent home time. I stay out a lot longer than I have to. Technically I only have to stay out 21 days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Showers? Hahahaha...I thought getting a shower every day was a must, then I worked for Magnum, where parking at a customer was a must in order to make a decent check. Now, pulling glass, I take more ##### baths than ever. However, I still won't park at a customer unless there is bathroom facilities available...I don't care how desperate I am for miles, I refuse to #### in a Walmart bag, I opted for a higher cpm rather than push for every mile I could get.

4. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Spent most of yesterday hanging around the shop at North Salt Lake. Had a check engine light on for a few days and my inverter died. The Freightliner guy took care of the light but the shop didn’t get to the inverter and I can’t waste anymore time here. Between B-service, Peoplenet installation and now this I’m pretty much burnt out with the terminal shop experience lately.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  5. bmack

bmack Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Been there. I've had that experience twice in my 5 months here. Truth be told though, completely happy otherwise.

Farmerbob1 and Onadetour Thank this.
  6. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Peoplenet in general is a pretty spectacular blunder####. The only improvement over the Qualcomm I had was that the Peoplenet is installed on the dash. Thing is that the Qualcomm units in newer trucks were dash mounted, and my truck is now pushing 410k miles, so the only improvement really isn't anything I wouldn't have gotten in time anyhow.

7. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Not a good week.594/292/392/525,and a lot of lag time.
    Hope I don’t get fired by what I’m about to send to my AM.

8. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Turn the complaint into a request.

"I've pulled some pretty poor loads in the last few days. Any chance for a load that will let me pay my bills?"

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If they can't take a grumpy driver from time to time, they shoudn't be a DM. We all have to blow off some frustration occasionally. A thick skin should be mandatory for that position.

Farmerbob1 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Yep..especially since were not out here for charity...

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That one driver must be taking all the miles

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.