Davis Express, Inc. Starke, Florida

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Flattop23, Jan 3, 2023.

1. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Most of their freight/runs are in the southeast....so no "special forces-commando" missions up in the northeast (looking for a place to park, at the end of your shift). :thumbright:

For reefer duty--it really shouldn't be a bad gig......

--Lual

Flattop23 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2023
    Venus, Mars, and Tampa, FL
    I have no direct experience working for them, however out of all the companies who came recruiting to our CDL school (Pinellas Technical College in St. Petersburg, FL; this was in 2018) they gave us the best schwag: a double wall stainless steel cup with their name on it. We still use it at home to this day (in addition to the 2-3 I picked up in my time at Decker). Recruiter was a really cute blonde. I know these data points might not mean much, but FWIW they did strike me as a decent smaller local family-run place (I think the cute recruiter might even have been the daughter?).

I recall them having a couple different home time options, but don't remember the details now.

Their headquarters/terminal are right off US 301 between Gainesville and Jacksonville, just south of Starke; I've passed by there many times.

Their trucks always look clean and well maintained when I see them, FWIW.

Did you guys know that Publix is the worlds largest employee-owned company? They are based in and around Lakeland but have another big DC up by Jacksonville (and I suppose others, as well).

4. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    They use to haul loads for the military commissaries. Don’t know if the still have that contract anymore?

5. Mars Ultor

Mars Ultor Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2019
    Anyone know what CPM they pay. Im.getting tired of running the midwest, seems like All I do is run I-70.

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
  7. Mars Ultor

Mars Ultor Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.