Enough drama and whining -- can I get it straight from someone on Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by onthemove777, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Box of Tj

Box of Tj Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I heard a rumour that a 1500ohm resistor plugged into the pins of the ambient air temp sensor will simulate around 100°F, but, I haven't tried it myself so I can not either deny or confirm...

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Doesnt matter. They are set to shut off at a certain idle percent and will shut down even if the inside temp is over 100 degrees.

In fact, in the cold the heat does not even function on many Cascadias because they want drivers to use the bunk heater and not idle. The truck will start in order to charge the batteries or heat the oil, but the fans and heat dont come on. So the truck will be running and the driver will still be using the bunk heater on trucks set up that way. Its idiotic.

I actually had a bunk heater fail and had to refuse loads in order to get sent south and away from the cold because they couldnt find anyone to fix it. So they expected me to live without heat.

When I started refusing to work if I didnt have heat they behaved like I was a lunatic. Its mind boggling how anyone can be that out of touch with reality.

And they seriously wonder why drivers quit, like its some impossible question. Its because when problems arise, they behave like childish delusional pricks.

4. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Oh their logs department is a joke. Every time I have qualcomm issues I send my paper logs in and they still manage to mess it up. I get flagged for taking log tests. It's ridiculous. it's a shame you have to spend so much time on the phone telling people to do their job. I'm suspended right now because I did not do a logs test. I got a log test because I didn't put my total miles driven on paper, or so they say. I went back to the email I sent with my logs attached and sure enough, It was on there. Total of 501 miles. I'll probably be giving them their truck back tomorrow. Should be hearing back from a attorney on whether I have solid grounds for unemployment due to unsafe/unsatisfactory working eviroment. Tons of faulty equipment.

5. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    They won't care. I stay out longer than that and try to only use 2 days of home-time and not once have I gotten praised or favored for it.

It isn't unusual for me to be 4 days late on a home-time request that I requested 5 weeks in advance, and I took no time off in-between. I've missed a lot of important appointments and dates.

1.5 years experience and I'm still treated the same as if I had just stepped of the trainers truck.

I'm quitting this month because I'm fed up with it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  6. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Same. I had to do a logs test for going over my 70, my 14, and 30m break due to the qualcomm crashing during an update and keeping me on the drive line for over 24hrs straight. Yeah... I totally drove that long without stopping. o_O

Had to stop at a terminal to get it fixed, and even then they still required a logs test and made me do a drug test. Logs team told me I need to do a better job watching my time.

LilRedRidingHood and tlalokay Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.