FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Heavy Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    I had to go to CB to get a new one (obviously they have them in Fremont as well) then play phone tag with Suzie and Kris to get it going. What they were able to do until then was if I called in during both Kris and EFS's hours was call her and she would message or call her contact at EFS and they could get the card running temporarily for 10 minutes. I think they may only be able to do that a certain number of times. Needless to say it really really sucks on a busy fuel island because it takes a bit of time for this game of telephone and you need to be at the pump in order to get it done before the card shuts down again.

rokue and M22 rockcrusher Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    With the exception of certain fleets, we stopped using everyone but Love's, and that will give me a problem every once in a while, but I think it has more to do with my phone network more than the app.

4. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Heavy Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    I got skimmed after they put out a security alert about the app, we were supposed to reset our password for the app and our email. I hadn't been able to get my email accounts password reset yet so I used the card naked once and immediately was skimmed.

5. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2020
    That's why I don't use the app I don't even the transflo app Luma app cat weigh app no games app not even the weather channel app anymore.

BigR Thanks this.
  6. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    The security issue they was talking about with the pfj app was because some guys use a password that is too easy. Though it is more secure than swiping the card at the pump because the code only works for 30 minutes.

DonRobbie Thanks this.
  7. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2020
    I'd rather not use any apps.

Oxbow, bzinger and BigR Thank this.
  8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    It is hit and miss, especially at some specific locations. The one in Newburgh, NY (which I stop at only if necessary) never seems to work.

9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Well I’m at the dealership in Omaha for monthly shop visit. Same code from a month ago.

BigR, DonRobbie, ncmickey and 2 others Thank this.
  10. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    They’re deadheading me clear down to San Antonio to pick up a preload trailer of pallets going to the yard in Council Bluffs. Almost 440 miles empty and another 900+ back up to Nebraska. I routinely forget how big Texas actually is. Suffice it to say that I’ll be busy for the next couple days.

rokue and bzinger Thank this.
  11. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    From what my dad tells me freight is hard to find in Texas for some reason. He works at Crete and they haven't been sending him there because of that.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.