FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Well, ran to Albuquerque (thanks guys for the heads up on the road to take in to General Mills and confirming that they let us park on-site. Rolled in smooth)

Then grabbed a WI load from just north of Albuquerque then skipped over to Jefferson WI for a Crete load and had just enough time left on my 70 to get back to Lincoln Thursday night for an unplanned coordinated 34 there.

It happened to be my friends birthday so I joined him and his family for dinner out last night at a local Brazilian Steakhouse. (Ugh, I am still so full) and now heading to Kawasaki to grab a load to Ellabell for Monday. So I’m might get lucky and stumble upon @rokue there if our scheduled unloads work out. But they are so fast there I doubt anyone hangs out there very long.

stay safe

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Friend, rokue and runningman0661 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    I'll be at the loves Sunday pm deliver am. Snowing now in council bluffs I am outta here.

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, I never get there early enough to park at that loves. I’ll end up shutting down short and rolling in Monday morning. My appointment isn’t until 1230 anyway so I guess we will just miss each other.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    rokue Thanks this.
  5. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Not very often I leave out on a Saturday anymore. This load drops anytime tomorrow and I could’ve been ‘that’ driver. Drive for 7.5 hours tomorrow then call it a day and wait for Monday morning, like I’ve done previously. Instead, I heeded advice, called dispatch and now I’m going to drop this tomorrow morning in Lancaster and pick up another load going to Harrisonville for Monday morning. That puts me at almost 2200 miles for the pay period plus Monday and Tuesday to run some more.

6. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    As long as I keep it at 70mph I seem to be getting great fuel mileage with a light load even better at 65mph. Heavy loads I have to keep it around 68mph tops for the best fuel mileage.

Friend, M22 rockcrusher and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    One thing I like about the Geotab is when I’m ready to go on duty after hometime or taking a 10, I can put myself there in a few clicks. With my Qualcomm, I had to cycle the ignition and/or start the truck multiple times or when it decides that it wants to start, and then wait 5 minutes for it to boot up.

8. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I always walked out to the truck, turn the key, and go back in the house to finish getting ready.

9. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    This picture should be self explanatory. There are much better places to drop your trailer than here. What if I had been parked one spot over? I couldn’t have gotten out and there wouldn’t be much I could do about it. Like the CR England truck parked a couple spots to the left of me.

Attached Files:

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    This is what this industry has turned into…no sense at all doing that crap

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm affraid I would have either moved it myself (to a very hard to hook up angle)or had the truckstop management call the hook and have it towed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.