FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    One of my favorite highways, love that stretch between Clayton and Springer,NM

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    At a loves getting both steer tires replaced, ugh! Wearing pretty bad on the outside edges, putting the truck in the shop in Fremont tomorrow for a 150k service and 90 inspection is coming due, figured they might ding me on the tires, so might as well bite the bullet and get them replaced today. Hopefully the alignment guy FCC uses is available when I'm up there so I can get that knocked out too.... then it'll be time to run the wheels off it again and build the ol account back up

cdavis188 and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    It had me top off my tanks at the Petro in Kingman before delivering into California. New fuel solution back to Nebraska included some Flying J in Utah and Bosselman's in Grand Island.

Since I didn't want to go that route, and it was a Saturday after hours, I just used best judgment and once I got back to the same Petro, I topped my tanks off with 75 gallons to get me to Bosselman's. That must be a popular place for us since the fuel solutions always has me stop there when I go into and out of CA, plus there was another FCC truck behind me in the fuel island. No, I didn't follow the fuel solution route but seen as I'm 99% sure it would've made me stop there, I just did so. Haven't received any calls or messages about the fact.

5. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    This is what deters me from being an owner/lease operator. I live pretty stress free right now. I don't want the stress of juggling my own truck expenses and bank multiple accounts for maintenance and taxes and whatnot. The little bit of extra take home pay and more freedom isn't worth all the extra stress and hassle in my eyes. Plus with my low expenses (I'm single, split rent and bills with a roommate, and I own my car) I don't need to be one. FCC could pay me half of what I make now and I'd still live comfortably.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    wulfman75, dwells40, Bumper and 2 others Thank this.
  6. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Yeah, it'll have you stop in Grand Island pretty much any time you are through that area, one of our better discounts. If you are taking a different route than the one you're fuel solution has, they don't mind at all, but you need to let your dm know so they can change it, night dispatch is able to, but sometimes it takes em awhile, if nothing else they can email your dm so your butt is covered. Just need it changed in the system so it doesn't count against you. They have numbers on what percentage you follow the fuel solution, and that's one of the criteria for your bonus. The DM's also get griped at individually based on the percentage it is followed for their individual fleet boards. Every once in a while won't screw anything up, but when all it takes is a phone call to change it, why not? Besides it's always good to be on your DM's good side!

dwells40 and cdavis188 Thank this.
  7. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I know what you mean, It definitely isn't for everyone, some folks just want to drive and let the company worry about everything else, and there's nothing wrong with that. works well for me though.

dwells40 and cdavis188 Thank this.
  8. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Normally I would but I didn't realize night dispatch would change that also. The past two company's i drove for, after hours dispatch wasn't very useful, to put it mildly. I also don't think I'm eligible for a bonus this quarter anyways since I started middle of February.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My company uses an app called Card Control by WEX. It is tied to the company's fuel network and essentially it does the same thing the main system does only on your phone and gives the driver some flexibility about routing and fuel discounts.

dwells40 and runningman0661 Thank this.
  10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Do you have a Cascadia? If so, the outside edges will wear due to the turning radius. Easy fix is to get the alignment guy FCC uses to adjust the bump stop, problem solved. I had him do mine when I had the Cascadia, it resolved the problem on my steers.

BigR Thanks this.
  11. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Taking a 34 in Kingman, will roll out of here Tuesday about 2300. This loads going up to Kearney for a drop on Thursday.

That late delivery lastnight has my sleep cycle all whacked out. Had a 2230 appointment, was out of there in 90 minutes, bounced over to Carson, did a d/h, that customer has no room, so had to shuffle a few trailers to get to my loaded trailer. Rolled out of Carson about 0200, pulled into Barstow for a 2.5 hour nap, and then eased on up to Kingman.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.